SV1000Reptilia - Page 12 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SV1000Reptilia

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2020, 11:12 AM   #111
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:22 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: SV1000Reptilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auser6guy View Post
I know what you mean Leroy but im in a lower league toying/ procrastinating about the idea of cutting my subframe up

Those headlight brackets look like they could hold 1000lbs. I'm really curious to see what you have in mind for them.
It looks more like Thor's hammer and not like headlight bracket lol
I have it chopped it down right now and removed a lot of material from it. I wiil post some pictures later
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Leroy!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #112
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I didn't mean that later but here it is. Shaved and rounded
I think I could chop some more aluminium and make it smaller

The headlight cowl will hide the most of it

Trying to align the headlight

And made a bracket to fit the led converters

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2020, 05:24 PM   #113
Auser6guy
Fighter
Local Time: 09:22 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

That looks really solid. The Z front cowl looks amazing BTW. Great choice.
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Auser6guy!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2020, 05:23 PM   #114
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

I had to redo the battery tray cause I will fit the ecu there too

I've made two brackets with the file to fit a pair of yellow eagle eye leds

So those will be the front indicators

I'm trying to finish all the small bits left to do and get it to the welder.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #115
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

So I got the tank and the headlight from the welder.
I might add two more tabs on it later for the electrics

And a pic with the electrics on. A lithium battery will replace the lead-acid

With the tank cover on

Chopped a litle more the headlight mounts and rounded

I need to short out some more details and receive a SV swingarm I've ordered. Mine have some deep scuffs.
Then, I will send all the parts for powder coating
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2020, 06:01 PM   #116
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Today I had some free time, so I decided to disassembly the bike.
This week I will get the parts for powder coating.
The clutch basket is rattling so I will send it for a rebuild, valves adjustment and a cleaning to the throttle bodies

Also made all the three special tools I needed for the engine removal

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2020, 08:43 AM   #117
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Really exciting to see this coming together! Keep up the good work. Love it.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #118
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Thank you @929_adam!

Today I left the engine to a friend's workshop.
I have to take apart the last bits from the frame and get the parts for powder coating!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #119
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Frame, subframe, fuel tank, headlight and some other bits are to the painter. I should get it at Monday.
Started working on the fuel tank cover today...

Made those litle bits

To fit in here

Also covered everything to get it ready for fiberglass

Unfortunately I didn't have enough material to finish it.
I hope I can find an open store to get some and finish it tomorow...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2020, 07:14 PM   #120
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Removed the mask tape and the clocks from the tank cover. I stil haven't done with the right side air scoops.

Also got the frame and the other bits back

The picture doesn't justify the red colour of the headlight.
I need to get back the engine and start the assembly of the bike!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes