britjoe's pipe cutting 101 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > britjoe's pipe cutting 101

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:05 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default britjoe's pipe cutting 101

courtesy of britjoe:

"I should of took some pictures of taking it apart and then rebuilding it, but it wasnt something I had planned it was a spur of the moment, Midnight boredom kinda effort, but basicly it goes something like this,
remove pipe of bike
drill all rivets out and totaly disasemble
measure 350 mm from the end you wanna keep
mark with scribe
then place masking tape round the whole circumferance of pipe
with a grinder, with a thin cutting disc, cut to the edge of the tape,
DOnt try to cut it with a saw, you will bend the can out of shape, cause the titanium is a bastard to cut,

the interior baffle needs it wadding removed (wear gloves and a Mask)....Cough ( its ferking orrible stuff )

then cut down internal baffle to match lengh, baffle can only be cut at one end.

the exterior of muffler needs to be deburred and filed

the bolt on end needs to be gently tapped back inside ( large rubber Hammer ) the internal metal baffle should allready be a part of the bolt on end,
I then instead of wrapping the internal baffle I pushed as much of the Fibre back in to the pipe as I could, arround the baffle

I wrapped the internal baffle that was apart of the end of the can, and wired the fibre on to it with welding wire,

I then tapped the end of the can ( large rubber hammer ) back in to position

I re-revited the muffler back together, and bolted back on to the bike,
It isnt that loud, it seems to have given me more midrange torque
and is a little fluffy just arround tick over, that isnt a problem, it actualy sounds really nice, I would Describe it as Throuty, Ill take some VIDEO and post a few seconds for you to here it soon."

-courtesy of britjoe!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
Zero-Optix
Fighter
Local Time: 03:05 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 28 Times in 28 Posts
Zero-Optix is a NOOB
Default Re: britjoe's pipe cutting 101

Man thank you for this tutorial! I cant wait to hear a recording of your bike!

I want to cut my exhaust down. I want to place it real short, behind the tire. Kinda like a Buell.
I love your bike by the way!

Also i will add to the helping thread with a tutorial i found...
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_HT_shor_can.asp

other tips on that site as well.
Zero-Optix is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
jiffty
British Rider
Fighter
jiffty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:05 AM
Flipped Off 47 Times in 47 Posts
jiffty is making some friendsjiffty is making some friendsjiffty is making some friends

sounds mint m8 show us some piks o it fitted aswell if ya can ill be doing this @ some point over the winter glad its as simple as i had hoped
jiffty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:05 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Sorry I havnt posted on here for a while heres what the bike looks like now.

Im still in two minds about having my bike painted, but I havnt decided yet on what
Ive bought a rear facing video and 2 inch monitor which Im gonna use as a Mirror set up its pretty trick

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:05 PM
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Heres some Videohttp://members.shaw.ca/joe.d/YOSHINOTE.wmv

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #6
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

glad to see youre back! bike is still lookin sweet!

nice pipe-age!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #7
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:05 PM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Nice man, that exhaust sounds sweet! Just the right amount of growl to it!
KICK ASS!
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
INVINCIBLE73
Life's Short, Stunt it!
Senior Fighterer
INVINCIBLE73's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
INVINCIBLE73 is making some friendsINVINCIBLE73 is making some friendsINVINCIBLE73 is making some friendsINVINCIBLE73 is making some friendsINVINCIBLE73 is making some friends

thats exactly how i did mine... minus the rivets. i had to drill and tap for screws. but nice how to joe. i had to tell me brother over the phone how to do that on a stock ninja 500.
INVINCIBLE73 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #9
foreman26
Fighter
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
foreman26 is a NOOB

awsome
foreman26 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
ghost_monk
Fighter
Local Time: 10:05 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
ghost_monk is a NOOB

Awesome Hopefully i can get this done tomorrow.
ghost_monk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal