The HyperRetard! - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The HyperRetard!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2018, 07:36 PM   #41
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: The HyperRetard!

Butt-dyno is in!
The engine feels significantly.... looser? Free-er? Something like that.
Revving it at a stop it seems to spin much more freely. The engine braking which used to feel like hitting a wall is now more like a jap bike feels, much smoother... not a bad thing, but my brake habits need to adapt a bit to compensate.
As for power, it definitely has a bit more. It doesn't bog down nearly as much when releasing the clutch coming out of a stop, and it seems to have a bit more ass in the top half of the RPM range where it didn't before.
On the way up to the dealer to have the service light reset it was running around 10F hotter, but was closer to it's norm on the way back... could be the ECU learning and compensating for a leaner condition.
Overall I think I approve of the stacks and filters.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2018, 01:02 AM   #42
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I hear you on engine braking and braking habits. The thumpers spoiled me with engine braking, then the FZ has massive engine braking. I really want to flash my ECU, but I don't want to lose the engine braking. You haven't touched your ECU though, right?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2018, 03:34 AM   #43
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:52 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Looks great, love those new filters! From experience with my SS I'm assuming that the tiny intake on the OEM airbox is to reduce noise, the sound when I went to open lid then to cones (temporarily) was much, much louder. Intake "POK" must be significantly louder now with those things on, right?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #44
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Almost everything that can be carbon, is. And it's all either a different fucking weave or a different finish.

Have the Panigale off for some dyno tuning. Might bring this when I go get it, see about doing a package deal on the both of em. Have to imagine the stacks and pods leaned it out a good bit.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2019, 12:24 AM   #45
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Looks great, love those new filters! From experience with my SS I'm assuming that the tiny intake on the OEM airbox is to reduce noise, the sound when I went to open lid then to cones (temporarily) was much, much louder. Intake "POK" must be significantly louder now with those things on, right?
Missed this when ya posted. Ha, POK is exactly the right description of the intake noise! Quite loud, almost on par with the exhaust under heavy load... makes me wonder how it got any air at all before if it wants to take this big of a gulp now.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #46
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Nice job, if I get another bike it will be this.
Those intake adapters are sweet, might have to get that model from you for my bike.
You need to backlight that duc logo perf with red LEDs.

You must be working in aerospace now.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived imsolidstate!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #47
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I hear you on engine braking and braking habits. The thumpers spoiled me with engine braking, then the FZ has massive engine braking. I really want to flash my ECU, but I don't want to lose the engine braking. You haven't touched your ECU though, right?
Haven't touched the ECU directly but it does have a PCV with some kind of non-stock map on it.

Does your FZ have a cable throttle or is it ride-by-wire? Engine braking is a factor of physical things, namely how freely the engine can suck in air... an ECU flash or a Power Commander or whatever won't fuck with it, unless you have an electronic throttle body and can adjust throttle plate opening parameters. In that case you can set the throttle plates to 80% open when coasting, for example, and pretty much eliminate all engine braking effect (and significantly increase fuel economy), but it's still something you'd actively set rather than just being a side effect.

So. Go tune your shit!

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #48
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

The FZ has throttle cables. It's a thing supposedly called "injetor decel cut" that gives these bike their strong engine braking. Tuners disable this to remove the engine braking. Lots of guys complain about a twitchy throttle and blame it on this, but the throttle feels fine to me and I dig the engine braking. A lot.

I have no popping on decel unless I'm really running the bike hard. Like, regularly hitting 8k rpm+ for 10min or so (redline is 10k). Even then it's just a little burble here and there. I average 53-55 mpg riding like a hoon and can get about 60 acting civilized. I tried to really ride easy one time and got 65mpg. That was painfully boring. Flying down the interstate at 90mph gives me around 50mpg. The tuned guys are getting sub 40mpg taking it easy and low 30's playing with the bike.

When the fuel light is flashing I typically put in 2.5-2.7 gallons. I couldn't stand getting 30'ish mpg with that little range. I don't think these common guys offering mail inecu services for these bikes have their shit together completely. Way too many complaints with people after the flashes. Cold stalling, popping on decel, poor fuel economy, immobilizer malfunctions...not worth the 3hp IMO.

When I changed the plugs at 10k miles they looked great. No signs of glazing or detonation. I can't see where the engine is complaining, and I still surprise myself occasionally when the front lifts in 3rd or 4th. I'm probably leaving a little power on the table, but I think I'm good
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #49
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsolidstate View Post
Nice job, if I get another bike it will be this.
Those intake adapters are sweet, might have to get that model from you for my bike.
You need to backlight that duc logo perf with red LEDs.

You must be working in aerospace now.
Thanks! They should do just fine on your 999 too, I could make you a set if you want or just give you the files for em. The filters weren't cheap though, IIRC around $40ish per.
And yep, aerospace.

I really need to finish that number plate thingy.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #50
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
The FZ has throttle cables. It's a thing supposedly called "injetor decel cut" that gives these bike their strong engine braking. Tuners disable this to remove the engine braking. Lots of guys complain about a twitchy throttle and blame it on this, but the throttle feels fine to me and I dig the engine braking. A lot.

I have no popping on decel unless I'm really running the bike hard. Like, regularly hitting 8k rpm+ for 10min or so (redline is 10k). Even then it's just a little burble here and there. I average 53-55 mpg riding like a hoon and can get about 60 acting civilized. I tried to really ride easy one time and got 65mpg. That was painfully boring. Flying down the interstate at 90mph gives me around 50mpg. The tuned guys are getting sub 40mpg taking it easy and low 30's playing with the bike.

When the fuel light is flashing I typically put in 2.5-2.7 gallons. I couldn't stand getting 30'ish mpg with that little range. I don't think these common guys offering mail inecu services for these bikes have their shit together completely. Way too many complaints with people after the flashes. Cold stalling, popping on decel, poor fuel economy, immobilizer malfunctions...not worth the 3hp IMO.

When I changed the plugs at 10k miles they looked great. No signs of glazing or detonation. I can't see where the engine is complaining, and I still surprise myself occasionally when the front lifts in 3rd or 4th. I'm probably leaving a little power on the table, but I think I'm good
Off-the-shelf tunes are crap. Period.

Take your shit to a proper, well-reputed performance shop with a dyno where you can talk to the guy about what you want out of your bike. Just smoothing out the powerband, going for smoothness and efficiency optimization, can make a huge difference in feel.
And there's always a good bit of room for improvement on the factory mapping... they tune for the average as well as to meet environmental regulations. Every single individual engine is a little bit different, and your altitude/avg humidity/avg air temp/mods to your bike/riding style are likely not what the factory optimized their shit for. It's one of the most worthwhile things you can do to your bike and for a basic map refinement like that it's generally around a few hundred bucks... about as much as a good can, or a set of tires.
The place you bought the bike from could probably refer you to a place, or hit up your local racing organization to see who they recommend. It's a totally different thing to the garbage off-the-shelf or "send us your ECU" stuff.

Think of it like setting your suspension up to what some guy on a forum recommends vs actually learning how it works and setting it up for your weight/riding style/road conditions.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
These people High Fived mcantar!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes