Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Need A Gauge?

194K views 169 replies 75 participants last post by  makenzie71 
#1 ·
It’d be great if this could be made a sticky.
Streetfighters.com.au has some threads like this so I thought it’d be good if we had our own, yeah?
So here we go:

These are available from ebay seller ‘dan_dans_treasure_chest’: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dan_dans_treasure_chest/

First up is the SP4. Very basic, it features speedometer and odometer with indicator lights for turn signals, high beam and neutral. Cost is $72.69 + $22 p/h

Next we have the SP3. It has speedometer, odometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and clock and also has indicator lights for turn, high beam, neautral and low fuel. Cost is $116.31 + $28p/h

Next is the SP6 with speedometer, tachometer, odometer and indicator lights for turn, high beam, neutral and oil pressure. Cost is $102 + $22p/h

And then comes the SP2. Displaying speed, tachometer, odometer and fuel in a similar package to the acewell series, it also features indicators for turn, highbeam, neutral, oil/temp and warning (I guess sidestand could be hooked to it). Cost is $102 + $22p/h

Last we have the SP7. This unit looks very much like the Koso RX-1N. It features speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel or temperature gauge and clock along with indicator lights for turns, high beam and neutral (displayed with P). Cost is $102 + $22p/h.

This unit is also available from another seller on ebay, waimaozhijia10 for the most modest sum of $50 + $15p/h. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/waimaozhijia10/

See less See more
#36 ·
I just ordered this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110581345771&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Its cable controlled speedo, the Inch liek 12, 15, 17, 19 refers to rim size make sure you order them with either mph or mkmh, and send what size tire your front is. Ill report more when it arrives in my ZX7R build thread, Im going to open it up and see if I cant change the blue to red for nights, if I cant my buddy messes with high end electronics all the time, and he can install a dimmer on it if its to bright at night.

#37 ·
Check my build thread, recieved it finaly looks good, instructions are SHIT

#43 · (Edited)
The gauge

I got the blue light koso nock off at teh bottom of post 1

well the instructions are fucking shit.

there is no adjustment you have to ask him where to put the magnet for the size of the wheel. 9cm for a 17" wheel. and his english is very poor. the Tacho is slow and notchy.
and the sun makes the display go funny colours.

but for the price, what do you expect

#44 ·
The gauge

well the instructions are fucking shit.

there is no adjustment you have to ask him where to put the magnet for the size of the wheel. 9cm for a 17" wheel. and his english is very poor. the Tacho is slow and notchy.
and the sun makes the display go funny colours.

but for the price, what do you expect
for what gauges?

#46 ·
I have one of these now, I believe it is a new model, very nice, has warning lights for temp, speeding, and shifting. an indicator ring with all the other lights is available seperately for about $50. this unit cost me just under $200. Its background goes from light grey to white with 5 brightness levels.

#47 ·
Really looking at getting something that has a retro feel but yet a modern look to it. I REALLY like the Acewell 4553 but I cant see thowing down $450 for it. So I will be looking at the Acewell 2853 for $199 shipped.

The only thing I would like, is to have another module for water/oil temps, volts and OAT. (outside air temp) Not much for idiot lights.

#49 ·
that dash in the mirror set up is a whole new level of cool~!

Just installed my acewells, to my thunderace. Used the rev pulse wire from the old block connector and when i wired em all up found the acewell rev counter kept flickering to 7.8k revs.... Then i remembered its the self diagnostic system that come with the aces telling me the fuel sender is disconnected, COOL!

#51 ·
#55 ·
I'm probably going to pick up that same gauge in the near future

#57 ·
I'm looking for a Gauge set up for a CBR F3. Are all these aftermarket gauges pretty much universal hookup? I got my bike with a F4i gauge and the gauge just went on the fritz and I'm not looking to spend a grip of $$$$. I like a couple of the gauges on this thread. Looking at the VAPOR gauge. Some extra info would be grateful. Thanks

#58 ·
Sorry, missed this, yes the gauges are pretty much universal...they take the speed reading from the front/rear wheel with a magnet/sensor, tach reading from the coil/lead and everything else basically just wires up to what's already there. My koso used a different temp sensor but it was supplied with it....
Hope that helps...

Reactions: ROBBO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.