Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

How about a DIY RFID ignition setup?

128K views 189 replies 48 participants last post by  kwakazuki 
#1 ·
I know people on here have set it up but for some of us electrically retarded people like me simple things can turn into nightmares. If any of you electrical gurus would like to throw up how you set it up I would be forever thankful.

#82 ·
^^ like he said just bust out the DMM and measure each one of the lines for voltage when the key is turned on and then you will know what you need. I'm totally doing this to my 01 r6 I cant wait to convince people I'm magically turning on my bike! :)

#92 ·
Really like where this is going - I'll probably do something similar myself, to try and get rid of the non-working key.

Is there anyway to improve the RFID range, so that it works more like a Smart Key (perhaps it's not even RFID technology at this point)?
My car has the smart key and I can start with the key just inside the car - Maybe they have a huge antenna?

#104 ·
i think that is a little much

#105 ·
there was a guy on the news here recently that has one in his hand, he has his house and car rigged up so he no longer has to carry keys to any thing.

im having trouble just getting my readers to work, i can wire them up, the LED flashes when the fob is passed but the relay wont switch. im not sure if its the relay needs more current than the reader is putting out or what. Im going to give it another try with a different relay and see what happens. its a brand new relay though so it should work!!

#106 ·
#107 ·
"brand new" doesnt mean it works. i had tons of new parts come through the acura when i worked there that didnt work.

#109 ·
Thanks for all of the replies guys!! But ya the procedure was pretty custom and unfourunately makes it much more difficult for others to replicate because going to a get the procedure specifically meant for it would not be too cheap or easy to find. Second I don't even know where one would go about getting a "for human implantation" RFID chip and I'm sure it would cost a bit more than $5.
But ya all in the name of being unique! :)

#110 ·
Dude! Holy fuckin awesome.... Repped Sir...

So what is the difference between an implantable chip and the one you have....
If you strike your hand where that chip is, will it break inside you?

#112 ·
Well I think the main difference would be that the one meant for implantation would come sterile. And that is another thing that I am curious about as well. I squeezed the chip pretty firmly before it was implanted just to make sure it was not damaged or the integrity of the glass compromised after autoclaving, so far so good!
go get a chip fron a vet and se if it will work. they have been putting chips in dogs for years!!
Thought about this one as well but I would really really recommended against it. Those chips are coated in "bio-glass". What this means is that over time your cells will bond to the chip and prevent it from moving. However, this coating has been linked to several cases of pet cancers and if you ever want it removed expect to remove a whole big chunk of tissues along with it. By putting it in a place that does not give it much of a chance to move around, such as the wrist or the area between your thumb and pointer finger, eliminates the need for bio glass. Oh and pet sterilization is far from that of human sterilization so thats another no no for the pet chip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.