Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #31
Mrs. Bob
Fighterer
Mrs. Bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post

.... but, as Mrs bob was as much help as a chocolate chisel (I.E. NONE!) the internal space soon deteriorated into my standard tool graveyard. which, If she hadn't been sheltering in the warm, she coulda kept hoovered and dusted in-between making me a steady supply of T and sarnies (which by a curious coincidence she also failed to do!)
I had better things to do with my time than run around after you

Anyhow you know where the kettle is, plus the coffee and milk, you know how to make a sarnie as well, so you are quite capable, and big enough, to look after yourself
Mrs. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mrs. Bob!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #32
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:58 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Bob View Post
I had better things to do with my time than run around after you

Anyhow you know where the kettle is, plus the coffee and milk, you know how to make a sarnie as well, so you are quite capable, and big enough, to look after yourself
Hmmmm? so what your saying is.....

all I need to do now is have a nasty hatchet related accident and gain myself an Axe Wound, then you'll be totally redundant

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #33
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Local Time: 09:58 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Quote:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]

and altho its probley a bit late for the 750.
I guess, I gunna have to think about one for the 1100
Hmmm, I personally don't think a fuel pump is necessary. I've not known of any normally aspirated Gixers, of any capacity, that have needed one. The only time I've seen them used is with blo-thru turbos and nitrous bikes.
A hi-flo fuel tap will suffice for a normally aspirated 750 or 1100 (or 1216 or 1340...) motor.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #34
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Hmmm, I personally don't think a fuel pump is necessary. I've not known of any normally aspirated Gixers, of any capacity, that have needed one. The only time I've seen them used is with blo-thru turbos and nitrous bikes.
A hi-flo fuel tap will suffice for a normally aspirated 750 or 1100 (or 1216 or 1340...) motor.
thanks for that Mr.Dave...

& did mean to mention.... On strip down. I think I found the actual cause.
one of the two inline filters seems to flow at a much slower rate than the other. so now suspect that was the cause of my little mystery...

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #35
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

was supposed to be working this weekend. so, didn't expect to do anything.....

But as nothing jobwise came in for me to do. I hung around the garage & fiddled.

much WD40 & swearing later, I still didn't have any paid work to do. but, I am now down to just a frame

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #36
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Aint done nuffin all week.....

but, with the weekend Looming.... I took me grubby frame to work with me & while supposedly washing the Van, I gave it a bit of a clean. then, I decided to grind the old headlight brackets off.....

now I thinking, as It's stripped down & vaguely clean, I might as well try me hand at polishing again

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #37
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Damn!!....

with my frame set up in front of the telly*.....Yesterday, the mind numbing task of polishing it started.....

at first, I cursed Mr Suzuki for deciding it was a good idea to have a rough knobly section around the headstock

I'm convinced they did it delibrately & imagine the design meeting probley went like this...
oy Fujiwara, lets just make a race bike and bang on number plates and light. It'll sell like hot suchi through the delicate stomachs of them round eyed b'stards
But Suzuki-san... what happens when they all get stoved into trees and everyones upside down & dead in paddy fields
hahahaha! you have no idea about business matters fuji.... you make it! I'll charge a fortune for replacemant panels! We'll be rich!

But suppose them clever foreign devils decide to basterdise our machine and make it madder than your uncle Kamakazi!
hmmmmm?? how about we make the frame beautifully smooth looking.. except the bit hidden by the fairing.. that'll fox Um. then we can concentrate on the masterplan and sell them digital technology & export weird cartoons

then... I cursed myself... followed by everyone else whose ever polished a frame
ya Bastards!!! ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!
I love the look but damn, it's time consuming!

and as luck would have it.. with barely anything done, except finger print removal.. I ran outa sanding supplies

Today I was gunna go buy some & continue....
but yesterdays adventures have took there toll & flaired up my arthritus

oh well! atleast I can still paruse the interweb, post pointless updates & take the piss outa foreigners

*much too Mrs.Bob' annoyance

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #38
Jokermachine
Will have a bike... soon
Jokermachine's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:58 AM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 223 Times in 86 Posts
Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jokermachine is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I love reading your posts so much. One of the top 5 funny guys on the site for sure (and you build awesome bug-eye fighters as well).

Good luck with the polishing! Are you going to be using any sort of product to protect the finish when you get done with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokermachine View Post
Is that supercharger belt held together with 3 staples?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
No it Isn't
There's actually 5 staples
Jokermachine is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jokermachine!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #39
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
I love reading your posts so much. One of the top 5 funny guys on the site for sure (and you build awesome bug-eye fighters as well).
Thanks Joker......

and I figure I aint doing anything new.so, if I lob some of the random thoughts, that apear while I'm doing it, in... people maynot figure out, I'm just knicking there ideas, recycling them & taking the credit

Quote:
Good luck with the polishing! Are you going to be using any sort of product to protect the finish when you get done with it?
aint got that far yet.....

but am guessing... a weekly dose of Mrs.Bob, a duster & a can of Pledge should keep it looking good

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #40
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover
BurtonF166's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 PM
Flip Offs: 16
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
BurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to all

Quote:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]
oy Fujiwara, lets just make a race bike and bang on number plates and light. It'll sell like hot suchi through the delicate stomachs of them round eyed b'stards
But Suzuki-san... what happens when they all get stoved into trees and everyones upside down & dead in paddy fields
hahahaha! you have no idea about business matters fuji.... you make it! I'll charge a fortune for replacemant panels! We'll be rich!
[/I]
But suppose them clever foreign devils decide to basterdise our machine and make it madder than your uncle Kamakazi!
hmmmmm?? how about we make the frame beautifully smooth looking.. except the bit hidden by the fairing.. that'll fox Um. then we can concentrate on the masterplan and sell them digital technology & export weird cartoons
[/COLOR]

That made my morning!
BurtonF166 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived BurtonF166!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes