helmets - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info

Streetfighter Info Informative links, Buyer / Seller Feedback, etc.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > helmets

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #21
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: helmets

I like nice shit lol. Better to spend more now and never spend again than to buy ok stuff and have to replace it later.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 09:33 AM   #22
rabies
time is running out......

CF Lover
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:50 AM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
sounds cool. but no dealer I don't think yet. surprised this stuff hasn't been out sooner. of course you just pay premium. rearview camera. hud. bt etc
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #23
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:50 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Never had an issue with my Sena. Their customer service is garbage, but the product works great so I've never needed it.
my SMH10 (that fits in the recess in my Bell Qualifier DLX) was draining it's battery in a few days even turned off. Pushing the reset button fixed it for a while, then I had to do it again, seems to be fixed for now.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 10:58 AM   #24
rabies
time is running out......

CF Lover
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:50 AM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

so how do they attach? on the outside? these module things
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 11:53 AM   #25
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

yeah, typically there's a mount portion (with a mic, speakers attached) that you semi-permanently attach and then the unit itself which can readily be removed from the mount

some helmet/headset combos are set up to work especially well, though, and recess the unit into the helmet

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #26
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:50 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Im not sure about the helmets that come with pockets for these things to sit in. It's very simple to retrofit a headset in to any helmet. But having cutaways in the EPS and notches in the shell seem like a bad idea. I'm no helmet engineer, though.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #27
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

I'll take pics of mine when I get home. Different from Junkie's, super low-profile (entire reason I went with the one I did).

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #28
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:50 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Never had an issue with my Sena. Their customer service is garbage, but the product works great so I've never needed it.
Same here with my ebay trash Junkie makes the second person I know of to have a bad unit, though I'm sure there are others. Another guy got one that was DOA, but his replacement has been fine. Turned out the unit was fine, his charger was faulty anyway.

I was all geared to buy something nice, but got cold feet reading reviews. The Cardo guys seem few and far between, and they always seem to have threads going about some type of issue. So I looked closer in to SENA and several ( not all ) were complaining of unpairing. One guy said he had to keep his phone in his shirt pocket for it to work. If he kept it any further away it would unpair. Lots of other guys chimed in with the same experience, so I took my chances on a $36 unit instead. Cheap enough to not give a fuck if it dies

Oh, and the Sena guys were complaining about the unit not being able to recognize voice commands So they couldn't pause music to have conversation, etc. Seemed pretty common, so I'm happy to have physical buttons for everything. $0.02 You ever have that issue with yours?

All that aside, I think you would enjoy any of them. It's a really nice feature to have.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #29
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

I have 3 Senas: SMH10, SMH10R, 20S

the SMH10R is tiny, haven't used it yet. Paid $50.

the SMH10 is the one pictured above, works great other than when it was draining it's battery when off. Was given to me.

the 20S is about the same size as the SMH10 but more angular, better controls too. Works great. Was given to me.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 12:06 AM   #30
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
I'll take pics of mine when I get home. Different from Junkie's, super low-profile (entire reason I went with the one I did).

The one Junkie posted is their most popular model I think, but it's like 3x as thick as this one not including the big adjustment knob.
The downfall of losing the bulk is, the batter is external on this model vs internal on the other one. So you have another thing to find a home for, but you can stick it anywhere inside or out.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info