Not another Bandit Streetfighter... - Page 11 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Not another Bandit Streetfighter...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #101
remfanuk
Fighterer
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all
Default Re: Not another Bandit Streetfighter...

No point wasting time so might as well glaze the tank.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
remfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2020, 07:38 AM   #102
remfanuk
Fighterer
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

Some mounting holes to drill and shaped as much as i can without fucking it totally...am pleased i didn't bin it off...thanks to Yan for suggesting skinning.

These people High Fived remfanuk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #103
remfanuk
Fighterer

Just started to profile it as it was just a straight edge...fucking dremel dead after 5cm cut.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #104
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:54 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

mind wear a mask, carbon fibre is nasty in your lungs
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #105
remfanuk
Fighterer

Definitely worn a mask for trimming the carbon and the body filler was nasty too.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #106
remfanuk
Fighterer

New tool meant work done...profile much better. Even with a mask i could still smell the acrid smoke as the cutting wheel tore through the carbon. Reduced the wheel to half its size though!
Drilled a couple of pilot holes and will take measurements to.make some Ti or ally brackets.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2020, 02:34 PM   #107
remfanuk
Fighterer

This my replacement Dremel...glad i went corded after my cordless shit the bed.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #108
remfanuk
Fighterer

Tank's coming along nicely...no pics yet. So, I thought I would order some Titanium to make the front mudguard brackets. Now, maybe I have gone over the top with ordering 3mm Grade 5 plate...but fuck me is it just as heavy as steel!?!! I was expecting it to still be super light. So, is 3mm too much...could I get away with less?
This user High Fived remfanuk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #109
remfanuk
Fighterer

I think I may have finished applying filler now. So the task ahead will be a laying down some colour. As i am going for stripes...3 colours (see earlier in thread)...my Autistic brain needa to work colours i need to put down first and those areas that need masking off...i will work it out.
Presumably I will have to let each colour cure before putting the next one on? I have not done any painting like this before. Want to make sure I don't get ridges between each stripe. Any tips or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #110
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:54 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by remfanuk View Post
Now, maybe I have gone over the top with ordering 3mm Grade 5 plate...but fuck me is it just as heavy as steel!?!! I was expecting it to still be super light.
Grade 5 titanium is 40% lighter than steel. So, close to half the weight.

If you hold a steel axle vs. identical titanium, the difference is amazing.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes