gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 71 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #701
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:41 AM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

I have not been doing anything to either of my builds for a few weeks now!! one thing and another, plus cold weather
just seem to have drained me of any "shed time" motivation.
so i have booked a week off from work, with the intent of getting some work done on both bikes.
have a long list of things to do and a big pile of parts to sort,
actually looking forward to doing some work

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #702
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

today was a good start to the "Get on with it" week.

took the bike apart slowly, its a long long time since i worked on an oil burner (had a slabby 750 back in the day *)

once i had*the head off it was blatantly obvious why she had been burning oil,* wasnt the rings as i had first though, but the valve stem oil seals, but the rest of the head looks great, no wear on the cam parts and valve bits.

youi can see which cylinders were worst by the piston crowns and combustion chambers

will get straight on to the web and order some Viton*seals and gaskets i require to get it back together .

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-03-2018, 10:42 PM   #703
Suban12

Fighterer
Suban12's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:41 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Suban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Good to hear the head is in good condition.How much oil was the bike using with the fecked valve stem seals?Just curious.

Suban12 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Suban12!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2018, 06:01 AM   #704
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suban12 View Post
How much oil was the bike using with the fecked valve stem seals?Just curious.
A fair amount!! seemed to be getting through around a pint every couple of hundred miles

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #705
Suban12

Fighterer
Suban12's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:41 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Suban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
A fair amount!! seemed to be getting through around a pint every couple of hundred miles
Thanks for the info.Got a similar problem to deal with on my everyday bike....get round to it once the winter work winds down a bit...

Suban12 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Suban12!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #706
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Todays good news was getting an E-mail from Webike saying my TMR-MJN's have been dispatched from Japan

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #707
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got my Viton valve stem oil seals all the way from the US, and got a phone call saying my barrels were ready for collection, so i shot round and got them.

looks like i have some work to do this weekend

(pics to follow)

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #708
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

pics of barrels back from the machine shop, today i gave them a good wash and scrub with hot soapy water to get rid of any grit left in the bores

and get rid of any grease and oil on the fins ready for a fresh coat of paint.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #709
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

First the good news.............................................. ..just did a tracking check on my Yoshi TMR's, and they are now in the uk

secondly the bad news...........................................the y are with customs

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #710
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got a letter from the Customs hub wanting me to fill in a form with details of the order and wanting a copy of
my invoice from Webike
letter sent, now wait again.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes