My Mini - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Mini

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #41
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: My Mini

I always liked those clamp style rings vs the rail mounts. I don't know why, but the rail stuff always looked cheap to me. I bought a bunch of stuff to do up a rail on my SKS and hated it once it was all together. Jerked it all off and just went back to iron sights.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2018, 02:30 AM   #42
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I always liked those clamp style rings vs the rail mounts. I don't know why, but the rail stuff always looked cheap to me. I bought a bunch of stuff to do up a rail on my SKS and hated it once it was all together. Jerked it all off and just went back to iron sights.
I've always thought the SKS in particular looked like shit festooned with rails and shit. Like a little top-mount cheesegrater just long enough for a scope, OK. Massive floating fore-end with multi rails and lasers and lights and shit... nah son

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #43
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Archangel stock came in.

Looks really good. Still need to check the fit.

It's gonna be a damn nice hybrid rifle.

Scope should arrive today.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #44
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Cleaning with whatever light oil I can find.

Need to get a new cleaning kit. This one looks good, and not tactical.

This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #45
Smoker
BLACK BELT

New scope fits with the factory scope rings.

Less than 1/4 inch of clearance on each end in the center section of the scope.

New stock looks good. Waiting for more parts to come in.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #46
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Also ordered parts for my 1911. It's a factory polished stainless Colt Officer's acp. Needs some repair and mods.

Wilson Combat ultralight match trigger came in.

Never fitted a trigger before. Will use common sense, and try to read a bit, first.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2018, 10:27 PM   #47
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Look onto getting Kuhnhausen's 1911 books. Very helpful. Brownells has a nice trigger track stone that isn't expensive, and a square file with safe sides will help too.

I have fitted the same trigger and then a Nighthawk Custom to one of my frames. Both times I polished the trigger bar sides, then filed and stoned the tracks till I was happy w the fit and action.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #48
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Cleaning kit came in.

Just bought it for the box, but the rack's useful because I don't have a gun vise. Works great for cleaning the barrel. Box is real wood, and okay quality for the price.

Ordered a bunch of cleaning supplies for the box. Need brushes for cleaning the rifle bolt.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2018, 07:44 PM   #49
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Cleaning supplies arrived.
Can now get things cleaned up and start putting on new parts.
Using motorcycle cleaning solvents & lubricants.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2018, 07:54 PM   #50
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got these grips for the compact 1911.

Could have seen the polished stainless receiver and TiN gold magazine through the grip.

Sending them back. Not installed.

Just touching them, I can tell it would be like holding a ball of chicken wire. They're aluminum, not rubber/composite.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion