Eeeeeeeeee FE - Page 40 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Eeeeeeeeee FE

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2020, 01:04 PM   #391
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:05 AM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Eeeeeeeeee FE

got the Nord-lock washers through today, fit a treat, probably get the wheel adjuster plate machined to take the washer so it dont show and allow the wheel spindle to go in fully.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #392
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

That is a beautiful nut.

2011 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2006 Suzuki SV650N, 1994 Yamaha XJ600S and 1979 Suzuki GS750LN
Can't leave them alone...

Time to find a nice VStrom 1000 to round me up to 5...
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #393
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

popped round to Taff's, picked up some bits he had done for me.

as the swing arm was made with grooves for moisture seals, it would be wrong not to use them, so drew up some plans for

some caps to sit on the ends of the spindle/bearing housing tube, and clean the look of the arm seat.

fitted some "O" rings i had in my box of tricks.

then the caps, finishes it off nicely

then sorted the fitment of the crank case breather tank, quick tap and file and all is good

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-10-2020, 04:37 AM   #394
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I have dropped the lower engine half into the frame once more, all in the name of wheel / swing arm alignment checking.

still need the swing arm spacers from Taff to get it lined up 100%, but i think i have it almost where i need it for now doing a "near as fuckit" check.

looks like i will have to get wheel spacer "top hats" adjusted slightly, small amount of metal removed from sprocket bolts and adapter plate machined for rear caliper, then all should be good.

swing arm has enough clearance from the sub frame down tube now to give around 6" of rear wheel movement before contact is made, shock will only allow around 5.5in of movement, so should be no problem with swing arm to sub frame contact.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2020, 04:14 AM   #395
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

went round to Taff's last night and picked up the battery box, but most importantly, the swing arm spindle top hats and bearing spacer,

I could now get the arm in and know it was not going to move out of place when i was measuring things,

fitting them has indeed confirmed my previous findings, that i will need to remove 5mm from the wheel spacer to move the wheel over, remove some metal from the sprocket bolts too.

things should now start to pick up speed with the build, as i will be able to get the frame mods finished and get it in for coating.

Component Engineering said they will be doing my Ti wheel spindles next week, looking forward to receiving them
battery box is looking good and ready to go.

Commute took 2hrs this morning FFS, police blocked off the A1, I need to retire (again) work is getting in the way of life, too much too do, too little day to do it all.​​​​​​​

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #396
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The Nord-Lock stuff on the axle is a nice touch for sure.

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-12-2020, 02:57 PM   #397
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Build will be going onto the back burner for a while, yesterday evening I fell off a ladder whilst picking fruit, I landed on block pavement and fractured 3 vertebrae, 3 ribs, gave myself a groin strain and damaged my left wrist!
Could have been worse, at least I should be ok soon and wont need any operations.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #398
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2020, 12:11 PM   #399
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Jesus man! Glad you're (relatively) okay! Heal up!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2020, 05:19 AM   #400
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Might add to my Component Engineering order for Titanium front and rear wheel spindles, and get a Ti swing arm spindle and nut made at the same time, as im not doing a lot else at the moment

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes