Eeeeeeeeee FE - Page 42 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Eeeeeeeeee FE

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #411
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:29 AM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Eeeeeeeeee FE

more pics from Ralph at Component Engineering, swing arm and rear wheel spindles done,

hoping to to finish off the front wheel spindle today and get them in the post.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2020, 08:47 AM   #412
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

as i have a set of Gilles paddock stand lifters and crash bungs left over from the TL1000R swing arm change, i will be looking at making an adaptor bracket so i can fit them to the new Martek arm, waste not, want not lol

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2020, 09:52 AM   #413
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

job job'd

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #414
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
Local Time: 01:29 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Given the expense and effort gone towards reducing unsprung weight with the titanium spindles, why put some of that weight back on with the paddock stand parts? It seems something of a retrograde step to me?...
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2020, 07:12 AM   #415
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

wasnt all about reducing weight overall, but definitely was about the wheel spindle, i just did the rest at the same time.
saved a total of 3.07Lb so the addition of a few grams from the paddock stand lifters (which i wanted anyway) wont be a big deal.
i was wanting the Martek paddock stand lifters, but i think i will be saving weight/matching over them with the Gilles lifters when you see how "sturdy" the Martek ones are!!
if Mark sends me some i can always compare them for weight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	martec arm.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	109038

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #416
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

spent a little time shoving bits back together again to check fitment if new bits.

fitted wheel & swing arm spindle, fitted spot on. wheel still needs to move 5mm (machining of wheel spacer required) to the left for 100% wheel centering and sprocket/chain run.

had a test fit of m-unit and Ignitech, happy with their placement, fitted hose to catch tank breather outlet.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #417
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

went to work on fitting the Gilles GP paddock stand lifters and crash bungs

made a cardboard template, transferred the dimensions onto a piece of 8mm alloy plate, which i have drilled and

ruff fitted, needs more shaping yet before being a full blown "pattern" for making out of some strong alloy, as the stuff i have used is soft as shite!!

then will get them anodized black to match the lifters.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2020, 08:25 AM   #418
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

slight bit more work done on the paddock stand lifter bracket, removed some metal, shaped a little more to the swing arm outline, smoothed off few of the edges.

need to do some radius work on couple of the corners yet.

but i think it is getting there *

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2020, 04:10 AM   #419
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Given the expense and effort gone towards reducing unsprung weight with the titanium spindles, why put some of that weight back on with the paddock stand parts? It seems something of a retrograde step to me?...
having sat and thought about it, MDM was correct, the idea i was using was overly complicated, i needed to simplify things which would also make it neater, there was two ways to go.

1) drill swing arm and fit Gilles lifters

2) find some other lifters, that will fit the mountings on the swing arm!

I went for a look see on the web, found all sorts, but none seemed to fit the bill, then came across these fine lifters of rather good breeding and pedigree, they also have the same mounting hole center measurements as the holes on the swing arm. ordered a set but in black anodize.

see how we get on with these.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2020, 12:03 PM   #420
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

thanks to Nick at SPS (suzuki Performance Spares) for the swift service, i received the throttle spring that i needed to finish off the throttle conversion

on my TMR's.

just a few small things to do, like dust caps on the throttle bar end openings, throttle stop screw and "bench"balance.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes