HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #91
BoardsofCanada
Fighter
BoardsofCanada's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:45 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
BoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really nice
Default Re: HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpyboy75 View Post
that blade as you got it was for sale in glyneath a few years ago i think i actually veiwed it but was that or an R1 i went for the R1 was in a garage for a few years as the guy was in jail or something along those lines
Uh huh I spotted it on ebay a couple of months back and thought it looked real clean for the money (1800)....how wrong I was! Never trust a photo! When it rolled off the delivery van I thought '(what a remarkable heap of shite!)' and when I proceeded to look into its nooks n crannies I really started to regret the purchase - immediately I thought about simply flipping it. Days later I got over it n decided that I wasn't gonna be defeated and set about cleaning it to the core - in doing so I kinda bonded with it and came up with a reasonable reboot plan.

- back in 2004 at the Ace Cafe in London I got into a conversation with a friend about the proliferation of Ducati n K1 Suzuki back ends being transplanted about the place and onto the majority of the specials, I reckoned that folk needed to begin harking back a couple of decades for ideas to bring forward n throw the scene a curveball, at the time I suggested a 900f tail for a Fireblade and a GS1000 unit for the K1...

....took me 16 years to do it myself, lol!
BoardsofCanada is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #92
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

similar tail unit, about 2009 perhaps

my mate ED
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #93
BoardsofCanada
Fighter
BoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
similar tail unit, about 2009 perhaps

my mate ED
Looks bang on!
BoardsofCanada is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #94
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

seat pad mockup:

It'll be an upholstered pad that'll get stuck onto the race seat unit with velcro..

Distressed the clutch casing - vintage chronometer vibes...

These people High Fived BoardsofCanada!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #95
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

make a feature of it rather than cover it ?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2020, 04:04 PM   #96
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Quote:
make a feature of it rather than cover it ?
Uh huh for sure! Too interesting a moulding to hide - almost mirrors the rear wheel and at the same time mimics a dry clutch assembly. Rather than add bling I'm trying to beautify what it already packs...

Spent a bit of time on the top yoke today, got shot of the scratches and gave it a bit of a polish...

Figured out the colour scheme and decals today - pays homage to the entire bookend of it...

Tonight it felt like Los Angeles in the complex....Scotland can only benefit from a bit of climate change..

This user High Fived BoardsofCanada!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #97
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

The lovely Chinese peeps scope this site bigtime hunting for design ideas to plunder!

....I've come up with a proper interesting taillight idea too

....best not to be too trigger happy with the imagery if you plan to spin something onto the marketplace, chaps!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #98
yantosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardsofCanada View Post
The lovely Chinese peeps scope this site bigtime hunting for design ideas to plunder!

....I've come up with a proper interesting taillight idea too

....best not to be too trigger happy with the imagery if you plan to spin something onto the marketplace, chaps!
where you hear this mate?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #99
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Quote:
where you hear this mate?
From politics, business and straight through to the fashion industry and lifestylee social platforms - out asses are getting positively mimicked n manipulated! Cheap cans fashioned to look like Racefit - SC-Projects - Akra - Austin Racing etc - made to spec custom link pipes, lights, plastics, seat units n rear sets , designs all plucked and pissed out via the proliferation of satellite Chinese industry that's been grabbing the goodies for a number of years now....

I lived in Beijing for a year (2014) and all the whizz kids were VPNing it over to the west for the cool ideas - Dedicated Custom bike building forum such as this.... Yeah man, it's a given that CF is properly on the radar...
This user High Fived BoardsofCanada!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2020, 03:24 PM   #100
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardsofCanada View Post

I lived in Beijing for a year (2014) and all the whizz kids were VPNing it over to the west for the cool ideas - Dedicated Custom bike building forum such as this.... Yeah man, it's a given that CF is properly on the radar...
Ducati never came out with the "Streetfighter" until AFTER customfighters was born soo.... we're kind of a big deal

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes