HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2020, 04:53 PM   #21
BoardsofCanada
Fighter
BoardsofCanada's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
BoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really nice
Default Re: HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
any worries that the big tube subframe (which I like) will look funny with the flat, angular main frame?
I hear what your putting across to me, but naw! I spotted these uber-cool stunt cages by a unit called crazy-iron and it got me thinking about a similar idea for a sub - In a nutshell I want a stand alone subframe that's gonna look proper even without the plastic..

BoardsofCanada is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived BoardsofCanada!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #22
BoardsofCanada
Fighter
BoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really niceBoardsofCanada is really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
...And swingarm.

Seems like a legit question.

I know sometimes we want it to look funny.
The fuel tank is big and predominantly round - zee big tube will grant balance to the bundle that makes up the Blade...
BoardsofCanada is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2020, 07:24 PM   #23
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Looks like a nice build.

From the title I was secretly hoping you were making something like this:

Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Larry02ACR!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2020, 01:39 AM   #24
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

diff kind of hillclimb, more a sprint time trial up a narrow twisty road
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #25
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Lately YouTube decided I might like to know more about this type of motorsport.
YouTube wasn't wrong.

At the end of nearly every run there's a real "oh shit" moment when a huge hobnailed tyre might make a rider kebab. Some big old stones on those guys.
Well how about that! Knock yourself out and start a new thread on the topic, sounds like it might trend!
This user High Fived BoardsofCanada!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #26
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
Looks like a nice build.

From the title I was secretly hoping you were making something like this:

Sorry to disappoint, my friend! I guess life can be beeeatch that way....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #27
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Might as well add this to the thread - it's another Fireblade and it'll also be getting the big-tube subframe..to go with the Martek modified VFR arm.

Came in shabby: crashed on the right side and hadn't been used for some time by the looks of things - front of the engine was black with crap and the rest of it was covered in cobwebs...and it has a yellow back wheel, ffs!

Oil n filter change - bodywork off, part of the subframe chopped and the Yam's old chubby Akra popped on the end..

2 days of intensive degreasing, cleaning the harness and polishing off the corrosion - on with the 900f tail to see how the land lies..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2020, 05:04 AM   #28
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

stayin brand loyal with the seat plastics
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #29
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
stayin brand loyal with the seat plastics
I am, Yan!...and I might even persevere with the VFR wheel - looks super from the business side, it's the other side that looks a bit.. hmmm! Thinking once it's plastic coated black and the wheel nuts are lock-wired up for added distraction it'll blend right in to the overall DNA-based agenda..

Uh huh (methinks) there's a lot to be gained out of keeping the mods inside the family tree - 20 years between the ducktail and the rest of the bike..but actually it flows like it's meant to be - same vibe with the Yam's modified R1M seat unit, with all the aerofoil gubbins removed and shaved accordingly; it still looks Yamaha

Keeping the standard forks to retain the vintage-vibrations and just treat them to an internal tweaking - most i'll be spending on the build will be a tasty shock absorber for that arm!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #30
BoardsofCanada
Fighter

So mocked up the existing subframe to give me an idea of length/height etc - thankfully the line that the exhaust link pipe takes up to the tail is a workable asset, with the existing bend to the original can cut off I can then march it forward and get it tucked in n poking out the aperture of the ducktail without and unsightly meandering.. a pie-cut double exit (straight through) is floating my hing at the min

These people High Fived BoardsofCanada!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes