Customising Yamaha YBR 125 2010 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Customising Yamaha YBR 125 2010

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
BeardedGelfling
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
BeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to all
Default Customising Yamaha YBR 125 2010

Soooo,

First of many noobie questions, hopefully, not all of them are stupid ones, but I can make any promises.

So one of the first few mods to my bike I am looking at is

1. New Seat - current one was hand-carved to make it more user-friendly to a small woman rider... which means it's fucked and it's like riding with a stone for a seat.

Looking to replace this and rather than getting an OEM replacement I was thinking of getting my first custom part, and here is my first issue.

I want to replace the fuel tank as well and obviously, I want to make sure that these two items will work well/fit together - So looking to get the two together and this will help define the core look of the bike...

For me, it always seems to be my eyes is drawn to the seat and tank. Sure I look at all the bike but the tank and seat are literally and figuratively the backbone of the build that all of the rest 'hangs' from.

I'm not asking for artistic advice as that is very subjective and I'm making a bike that to me is pleasing - if others like it too, then cool but if not, I don't give a shit. It's for me, not other LOL.

Anyway, my question is technical based - sorry for the preamble...

My Yamaha YBR 125 2010 is fuel injected and this means as part of that feature it has an electronic device that goes into the fuel tank from underneath - meaning that a lot of the custom universal tanks I've been looking at would not be a direct fit to my bike...

What sort of workarounds etc could I use to get around this issue? Or is it very much a case that I am stuck with finding a tank that will be compatible with the fuel injector that fits into the OEM tank?

Thanks
BeardedGelfling is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #2
BeardedGelfling
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
BeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to allBeardedGelfling is a name known to all
Default Re: Customising Yamaha YBR 125 2010

I do have an ok workaround if I want to go for more of a more cafe racer/brat/bobber type look - as in a more retro look which is the YBR 125 Custom (not a custom bike - it's sub-model name is literally 'Custom') Which is a teardrop type design and as they use the same base frame the fuel tank from ether are interchangeable... but I was hoping to go for more of a retro racer style tank slightly angular and cut in at the knees and slightly longer. However, I have not been able to find any tanks made to fit the YBR with its injection system.
BeardedGelfling is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-09-2020, 01:27 AM   #3
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:59 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Customising Yamaha YBR 125 2010

What is this injection system that fits the tank? Do you have images of it?

A lot of the fuel injected bikes have an electronic fuel pump to maintain the correct pressure and flow. If this is the part you are referencing, you should be able to modify another tank to accept the stock fuel pump or install an auxiliary pump.

Can't leave them alone:2006 Suzuki SV650N, 1994 Yamaha XJ600S and 1979 Suzuki GS750LN

Time to find me a nice DRZ and VStrom...
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions