Narrowing a seat pan. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Narrowing a seat pan.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
AgentOrange
Aspiring Hooligan
Fighter
AgentOrange's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
AgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to all
Default Narrowing a seat pan.

Has anybody thinned out the seat foam and narrowed a seat pan? I am trying to figure out how to make the seat on an MT250 match the tank a little better. It doesn't look too bad from the side profile but the way the seat sits over the twin shock frame it gives the bike a fat ass.

Thanks.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Narrowing a seat pan.

The seat pan on my XL is the same way. Are you wanting to get rid of the way it droops over the frame tubes? I know it's hipster cliche, but plywood might be your best best, and skateboards are made of top quality plywood. Not easy to pop a staple in to, though. A heavy plastic cutting board would work if you could find the size you need and will take staples easily.

That's A very cool bike you have there. I love those tanks. What all are your plans for it?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
AgentOrange
Aspiring Hooligan
Fighter
AgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to all

I have some old skateboards in a closet somewhere. I'll see how well the width matches up. I want the seat to sit on or inside the frame. It currently sits over the shocks. The current plan is the keep it as is and have fun with it in the desert. It has no DMV record and the guy I got it from bought it from an estate sale with no paperwork. Last green sticker was 2009. It has 150psi of compression and has spark after I cleaned up the points. Waiting on spark plugs and an air filter to try and start it.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That's an awesome find. I keeping the body work on mine for now but would eventually like a slimmer looking seat also. Curious to see what you come up with.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

since it's pre-77 you should be able to put lights on it and get a plate if you want

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 10:49 PM   #6
AgentOrange
Aspiring Hooligan
Fighter

My understanding of the commiefornia system is that it has to be factory street legal to plate it. I could get a plate for it but I don't feel like dealing with the paperwork and paying the fees currently. I have a green sticker bike that I always seem to lose the sticker for and have to get another one.... Works in El Mirage and Cal City but not in Gorman or Azusa where the rangers like to hang out.

This user High Fived AgentOrange!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2019, 12:41 PM   #7
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

if it's from a year when there were no emissions standards for bikes, as long as it meets the other standards (lighting etc) it should be plateable.

I asked a while ago about a 77 YZ400 I had and they said I'd be able to get a plate. Then I blew it up so that didn't happen.

Or if you know of the right shop it's possible to get a plate for anything that isn't red sticker.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis