random questions. 83 v45 and other bikes - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > random questions. 83 v45 and other bikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Flip Offs: 1,382
Flipped Off 37 Times in 33 Posts
rabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to all
Default random questions. 83 v45 and other bikes

1. old bike. 83 magna. anyway to get one of those little digital gear indicators? or that's only for ECU and EFI bikes?

2. is there anyway to convert my 83 Honda magna hydro clutch to cable?
I have a ninja 636 front and would like to use that lever.

3. how much of this airbox can I get rid of and still idle/drive fine? no sidewinder kit available I see.

4. is there any tricks and tips or products that will help the rear drum brake work uh....more "efficiently" other than I guess adjust rod. I want to really really slow down wen needed. or lock up when I want to. no way to really do rear disc brake I think? not sure. I think Goldwing had rear disc right? ...

5. anyone ever put like an F4I radiator or smaller/tucked radiator on an older V4 Honda bike?

Thank you fellow thugs and grease monkys
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
crazyjon's
GURU
Fighterer
crazyjon's's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:52 AM
Flip Offs: 17
Flipped Off 5 Times in 4 Posts
crazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant future
Default Re: random questions. 83 v45 and other bikes

OMG dude.... I hate to discourage anyone but you picked damn near the hardest bike to modify.....ever.

If it runs, just sell it and buy something from the ninties or newer.

The answer to all your questions are: no, no, No, NO, NOOOOOO... Or at least not without great difficulty.

Sorry buddy, I enjoy a challenge but despite the name am not that crazy.

Good luck!

Jon

"Practice till the hot brass burns the cheeks of your ass" F. Bob Chow
crazyjon's is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived crazyjon's!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Flip Offs: 1,382
Flipped Off 37 Times in 33 Posts
rabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to allrabies is a name known to all

that's what iv heard with all the gooling I did over the weekend :/
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

if you wanna go with a nicer looking control setup you could probably use a ZX14 clutch master. I can't guarantee it'll work but I bet it will.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
lynchingacers
V-4 for 4 life

CF Addict
lynchingacers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 12 Times in 6 Posts
lynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of light

some things i remember from my sabre

as far as the drums when i had my saber i just put EBC shoes on there and did there, i think the HH copper front pads it stopped in a hurry ,
you might be able to swap wheels for the
v65 1100 magna/sabre some interceptor (vf500f mini-ceptor has disc also) interceptors use a chain drive though
wheels they use a disc setup , ( not 100% width spacing and stuff the drive spline should be the same i think with the shaft bikes there might be a possibility of slipping the cush drive-gear piece onto one of those but dont have any parts left anymore to check for you but there is some possibility there

sebspeed might have more info than i do

cable clutch i don't think so, not without a some custom machinning and hackery , and it would probably get in the way

the way they're setup they use a little puck shapes slave cylinder
if its giving you issue take it all apart and clean/rebuild the little pinholes in the master cylinders clog easily( they were on mine and were giving me a lot of problems till i cleaned poked the gunk out of the return pinhole)

air-box i think you can take off the lid and it would run ok might need a up-jet,

you might be able to get away with a different radiator probably something off say a 1000cc
there is a lot of aluminum to cool on one of these,
, mine had issues in the summer till i wired in the fan to a switch and kicked it on once it was warm every ride, after that ran like a top or maybe a universal fan switch poked into a small hose adapter some where probably set for on at 180f or so , i think the factory thermostat might have been hotter than that

also especially the 83 you may do some looking to make sure its getting good oil pressure to the heads, they had some issues the first couple years
lynchingacers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived lynchingacers!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion