images gone from fibre custom made glass seat pan - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > images gone from fibre custom made glass seat pan

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #1
ghostwolf59
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
ghostwolf59 is a NOOB
Exclamation images gone from fibre custom made glass seat pan

Hi,
Some time ago I came across this post from spoonfedd where he posted a detailed how-to making a custom made fibre glass seat pan.
Now when I want to check this out (plans of making one myself) all images is gone.
https://www.customfighters.com/forum...ad.php?t=22549

Anyone sitting with a pdf or something *with images* from this post?

Tried to send spoonfedd a pm but havent heard back
ghostwolf59 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2019, 09:17 PM   #2
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: images gone from fibre custom made glass seat pan

I doubt you’ll hear back as it’s been at least 2 years since he logged on last.

I just made a fiberglass seat pan for a Cx500 cafe/brat project I’m building for someone. I can throw up some pics but I searched the interwebs and found a few “How-to’s” before I started myself. It was mainly chopper builds but the principle is the same.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #3
ghostwolf59
NoObie
Noobie
ghostwolf59 is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
I doubt you’ll hear back as it’s been at least 2 years since he logged on last.

I just made a fiberglass seat pan for a Cx500 cafe/brat project I’m building for someone. I can throw up some pics but I searched the interwebs and found a few “How-to’s” before I started myself. It was mainly chopper builds but the principle is the same.

Later, Doug
please do - the one I found within this forum were excellent though - detailed step by step with hints and really good illustrated pics - hence tried to get back on that one - but if you have something you want to share please do - I want to try making a 1 & 1/2 seat for my FLH

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2019, 11:58 PM   #4
ghostwolf59
NoObie
Noobie
ghostwolf59 is a NOOB

btw. I thought pics on this forum ended up on the forums server - makes me wonder why the post is there but pics got lost - perhaps admin here can answer this - seem a bit silly if good how-to's disappear - Things like this is really what takes me to forums like this - and good mechanical or other tips have no due date really and ought to be there for ever so people can go back and/or newbies learn from experienced builders etc
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 01:36 AM   #5
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

The images on that tutorial were not stored on the CF server. The pic links say www.jeffreyphipps.com, I tried to visit there but the browser won't go there so might be either the domain is somehow broken or might even not exist anymore. Perhaps trying to search that name from facebook could get you somewhere? No FB account so don't wanna deal with the register register register flak myself...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 04:30 AM   #6
ghostwolf59
NoObie
Noobie
ghostwolf59 is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
The images on that tutorial were not stored on the CF server. The pic links say www.jeffreyphipps.com, I tried to visit there but the browser won't go there so might be either the domain is somehow broken or might even not exist anymore. Perhaps trying to search that name from facebook could get you somewhere? No FB account so don't wanna deal with the register register register flak myself...
cheers - tried the business email, but it bounced back. Then managed to find him on fb - lets see if I hear back on this

thanks for the heads up
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 10:39 AM   #7
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

https://jeffreyphipps.com/how-to-make-a-seat-pan I don't know for sure that it's the same stuff

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2019, 04:44 AM   #8
ghostwolf59
NoObie
Noobie
ghostwolf59 is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
https://jeffreyphipps.com/how-to-make-a-seat-pan I don't know for sure that it's the same stuff

Guess that would work - thanks

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!