Scottiemann's 91 GSXR750 (this one I have to finish, its on YouTube) - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Scottiemann's 91 GSXR750 (this one I have to finish, its on YouTube)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 11:41 PM   #1
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:55 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of
Default Scottiemann's 91 GSXR750 (this one I have to finish, its on YouTube)

Ok guys and girls, I'm a little ashamed...

I got a little stuck on the electrical on my VTR build and I took a couple weeks to regather myself. during that time my new boss thought I was one of her more productive employees and decided to ride me like a $0.50 hooker, and not in the good way. So work got in the way, life got in the way, I even had to quit my archery league (indoor compound target).

On the plus side, I bought a house (which took more of my time), and a new car. Needless to say my VTR is in the same condition as it was in my last pictures on that thread.

HOWEVER

My buddy has been trying to pawn off on me one of his abandoned projects for years. This past weekend he finally grabbed a uhaul and dropped it off in my driveway. The best part about this, and the reason I have to finish it, is that its all going on YouTube.

Yes I jumped on the YouTube bandwagon, and yes I am going to try and make a living off of it. So if you like anything DIY or want to follow the videos of my build my channel name is The Armed DIYer. There is already a quick 5 minute intro to the build on there right now.

I am going to do this build on here as well, so without further ado I present to you, my 1991 GSXR750 and it is a mess lol...

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 11:55 PM   #2
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Scottiemann's 91 GSXR750 (this one I have to finish, its on YouTube)

And some spare parts from the VTR that will most likely make their way into this build... I'll get some closeup pics of the current condition of the bike soon because it is BAD but if your impatient check out the youtube video.

VTR forks with racetech springs, well pretty much the whole VTR front end is an uprade to this junk.

and a muffler I bought many years ago and dont know why but its brand new, never been used and would be perfect for the build.

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 10:44 PM   #3
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
Default Re: Scottiemann's 91 GSXR750 (this one I have to finish, its on YouTube)

As promised for those that haven't watched my intro to the build video, here are some closeups to the sad state of this bike. I should get to tearing it down Monday or Tuesday so I can start coming up with a plan of attack.

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2019, 09:35 PM   #4
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer

So I started a thread in the forum help and suggestions forum regarding whether or not I am allowed to post youtube videos here (of the build itself of course) but only a couple people have responded saying go for it, so I'm going for it... I'll still be posting pictures and writeups as well in case the mods want me to take down the videos though.

Here is the first video which is just an intro to the build with close up video of the bike and some of my pending plans for it.

The current video I am working on is retrofitting the gas tank, stripping the rust and resealing, fixing the dent, stripping the paint, filling and priming so expect those pics and video in the next couple days.

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
These people High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2019, 07:56 AM   #5
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:55 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

I'm a mod. The videos stay. Particularily interested in seeing the tank stuff myself.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer

I'm on it!!!

And for those that can't see the thumbnail of the videos, I noticed a little warning symbol at the top of the browser saying its trying to load scripts from an unauthenticated source. If you hit load scripts
anyways it will show.

I think its due to the fact that the only way to get these to embed is to take the S out of HTTPS which the browser automatically thinks is not a secure website regardless of the source.

Surprising because I am on a google chrome browser and its scripts from youtube...

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes