next years judged show suggestions - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Rides and Events > Fighter Fest > Fighter Fest 2010

Fighter Fest 2010 Jul 23 - Jul 25, 2010 - Carlisle, PA

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > next years judged show suggestions

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default next years judged show suggestions

gonna have to figure out a way to attract more people to enter the judged show if we want it to continue. so lets get some discussion going on how to best do this.

lets hear it.

I have quite a few suggestions, but I will wait to hear some from other people before posting mine.

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: next years judged show suggestions

Sweet prizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Fate
GURU of da poo poo
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Flip Offs: 138
Flipped Off 106 Times in 61 Posts
Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

If we could get more peeps in I think a "Pro" category and a "Backyard" category would be good.
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
shotgun
Fast ZX-12R

shotgun's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 121 Times in 103 Posts
shotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
If we could get more peeps in I think a "Pro" category and a "Backyard" category would be good.
I think that would be a real good idea. Hard to compete with the pros.

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
George Washington

shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shotgun!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

what about the backyard guys that have "pro" like work... do they get A Prodigy award?

ALso a Best Use of duct tape and Zip tie, Award LOLOLOL

i was going to enter in the invisible bike category but there wasnt one...

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived gsf1200R!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

how do you determine pro vs backyard . . . esp if a pro is building out of his backyard?

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Fate
GURU of da poo poo
Flip Offs: 138
Flipped Off 106 Times in 61 Posts
Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I think we all know Roman is a pro even though he works outta his little garage. But I think anyone who's a professional in the appropriate fields would be considered a pro. If someone is a bike mechanic as their day job they could qualify as a pro. Someone who is a truck driver probably isn't doesn't qualify as a pro. In general we know the people entering and can use the best judgement in trying to classify them. I found it really hard to "judge" Trucker's bike vs Roman's Raptor.
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fate!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
paul
VP of Daily Operations
paul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 18
Flipped Off 63 Times in 48 Posts
paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
how do you determine pro vs backyard . . . esp if a pro is building out of his backyard?
roman is a pro

R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeata" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009

www.FOHCycleFab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvgasm View Post
I like man on man asshole gobbling

please don't make that a sig

IIII <Fucking Count It!!!
paul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

but am I a pro? I do machining for a living. I've even sold a few parts to guys that will go on pro builds.

I see where adams coming from. I also see where other people are coming from. just need to make sure that people enter this coming year or the show itself will die.

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived fslflint!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:43 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

You can't please everyone at bike shows, car shows, whatever. Unfortunately in too many shows, he who has the biggest wallet wins. Roman's bikes are sick and he does amazing work but for the average guy to build what does would cost thousands. Bikes like his are why shows exist...if you can't compete at that level, don't compete lol

I have been called a pro, I don't think I am. I built one cool bike, and I'm working on my second. I work in a bike shop and am a licensed mechanic. Here's the issue with classifications though---I can rattle off some serious shit and rebuild engines all day, but ask me to fab you a new tail, do custom bodywork, etc., and I'll refer you to someone who can. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think the focus needs to be on the finished products, the bikes, and not the caliber of guy building them. Roger Goldammer was a relative unknown and went up against the best in the world. No one knew who he was, he had his little shop in the mountains, and then he rolls out some of the sickest bikes anywhere---now people use him as the measuring stick. Build what you can, the final product will win awards and get featured if it's worthy.

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived endo!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Rides and Events > Fighter Fest > Fighter Fest 2010