Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

My "new" 2009 Versys

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Scat6 
#1 ·
Haven't been on a bike for a couple of years and wanted to get back into it on the cheap so I picked this guy up here.

I love how the bike rides but the gen 1 Versys is...ugly.

Thinking of lowering it, taking the fairings and front fender off, projector headlights, and a color change. Problem is I don't know how to do most of this stuff. I am sure I can figure it out but some guidance would be appreciated!

Have always modded cars but always left my bikes stock. This already had an aftermarket exhaust on it when I bought it.

If anybody has any advice on how to do some things like headlight relocation, coolant expansion tank relocation, or anything else...let me know!

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like a nice toy to start modding. Kiddo looks happy to boot!

Headlight swaps and coolant bottles are one of the most common mods in this forum and can easily be searched out.

I would avoid having no front fender if you will ever see the wet. Rooster tails in your vision aren't very comfortable, even before the water gets all over you.

#7 ·
I believe the tank is indented for the plastics of the Versys. If you want a decent looking tank I'd suggest getting a Ninja/ER6N tank depending on where you are in the world. I did a small write up and the problems I had with the 1st to 2nd gen swap. Give my Newbie Intro a read if your interested. The Versys/ Ninja/ ER6N parts are nearly all interchangeable from what I've seen. Whenever I am looking for parts, I compare part #'s and drawings on Babbitts.

#9 ·
I'm new here as well, looks like a nice place.
I'd start by removing the headlight fairing and headlight, take a good step back and take lots of pictures from all angles. Then ever spend lots of cash on different headlights (not the best way) spend time looking at stock and custom bikes to get a idea of what you want, then start looking at eBay for streetfighter and custom headlights.
Good shopping ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.