97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 29 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #281
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
Think an English meetup is in order at some point
if your english but live in wales can you come???

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2018, 04:42 AM   #282
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 20 Times in 17 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
if your english but live in wales can you come???
I'm English but currently in Northern Ireland so....
Need to get my bike built and then get my licence done yet
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2018, 04:53 AM   #283
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
I'm English but currently in Northern Ireland so....
Need to get my bike built and then get my licence done yet
That's how I did it with my XJ

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2018, 03:53 PM   #284
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Been gathering and modifying bits for bigger intake. Thinking about going for a Keihin PWK 33 which is stock on the KDX 220.
Things are a bit tight running next to the shock so I had to make an offset adapter plate to replaced the plastic and rubber bits I made/adapted before:

It might even work.

But it's gonna be close still coz the intake hose is noticeably bigger:

Work in progress.......

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #285
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

This:

New carb will be 8mm longer (spigot to spigot) so this should work:

And inside the air box will be something like this:

The filter fits the outer diameter of the pipe and there will be a short length of thin wall steel pipe inside the hose to clamp the filter around.

Leaving enough room for CDI, harness, fuses & horn, with lots of "still air" to spare.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #286
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Bought a reed cage direct from Japan:

It took less than 4 days to arrive!

It's for a Yamaha YZ80/YFS200 and is slightly bigger than my DT125R/200R cage but has 4 petals instead of 6 which means 2 less 'ribs' and so more window area.

My current setup is:

30mm Carb: (15 x 15) x 3.14 = 706.5mm
DTR Reed Cage (modified): (13.25 x 10) x 6 = 795mm

New setup will be:

33mm Carb: (16.5 x 16.5) x 3.14 = 854.865mm
YZ80/YFS200 Reed Cage (stock): (20.5 x 11) x 4 = 902mm

So in theory the stock cage with the windows enlarged isn't big enough to flow a 33mm carb but the YZ/YFS cage can and there's plenty of meat I could hack off it to flow some more.
A big factor is that the new cage is shorter and allows the stopper plates to be opened further. They arrived open to 11mm so I've left them there.

I was hoping all I'd need to do was adjust the bolt patten and slap it on there but in reality it took me hours to get it to fit. And while I had it apart I made carbon reeds from what I had left over:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #287
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Cage and new inlet fitted:

Just ignore the socket plugging the manifold and the Yamabond spewing out (I don't trust the manifold to seal against the cage on it's own).

There's a 6mm reed spacer between the cage and the cases. Mainly as it might be necessary for the new carb clear the clutch arm.

When I rode this last week I had a police van a few cars ahead of me, they pulled into a layby, and then pulled out behind me and followed me for about 3 miles. Luckily I'm a model road user and although I've not got any indicators, I used hand signals (no not those ones) like a good boy.

Just waiting on this damn carb. I wish it was coming from Japan, I bet it'd be here by now. Even when it gets here I gotta mod it!!!

Edit:

A couple more photos (why not?):

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #288
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

It's damn near chilly out there tonight. I can't have her getting cold:

Just don't tell the Mrs.

Some how I don't think she'll even notice it as I've very cleverly put it in Sly-Mode and disguised it as a piece of furniture:

Women love furniture.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #289
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

LMAO! That's awesome. Pillows were a great touch
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #290
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

I could feel quite a lot of lash in the driveline on my old engine which I found to be from an excessive amount of play between the primary driven gear and the clutch basket. So when I fitted the new engine, I installed a newer, lower mileage part... which ended up having a similar amount of play. hmm. So I drilled the rivets out of the older one:

Instead of springs I've got 6 rubber discs. Looks like the 2 round ones take up the slack and the egg/teardrop/D-shaped ones act like bump stops. I think.

You can't buy these parts but there are some round ones available from Yambits made for RDs. But I didn't want to risk buying them and having to modify them when I could just make some.

I bought some 25mm polyurethane bar and cut my own dampers:

They're a real tight fit. I need to chamfer them, put helicoils in the clutch basket and modify the back plate for countersunk bolts. Then I can screw it all together and fit it @ some point.

I've replaced my big ugly power valve motor bracket with 2 small ones that fit round the radiator & top hose.

Old:

New:

That's all I've got for now.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis