97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 31 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #301
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
Have you thought about running a mosfet based reg/rec and not the traditional type of reg/rec, a mosfet helps to keep temps down
Thanks James. Yes I have been looking into it and it does seem to be my best option, I'm just trying to figure out where on the bike I'll be able to put it as all the mosfet RRs look bigger than my shunty. Gotta be the way to go though

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2018, 06:20 AM   #302
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 20 Times in 17 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Fit it to the underside of your undertray and run the cables through that and silicone/seal the hole in the undertrey to prevent water ingress, or rear of your airbox/batterybox which ever it is ?
I've got a spare couple of mosfets which I can get measurements for you I've got the genuine FH012DA, FH012AB, FH020AA ones.
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2018, 06:49 AM   #303
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Measurements would be great please mate. Thank you. Got no undertray or battery but if it doesn't get as hot as a shunt type then maybe it could go in the airbox or if not, possibly between the airbox and the shock depending how thick it will be.

Cheers

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #304
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It barely gets warm to the touch.
90mm wide
104.5mm long including the outer connectors.
31.5 tall

bolt pitch approx 67mm - 72mm
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2018, 08:26 AM   #305
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that. I can get to measuring before I pull the trigger. I think there will be plenty of space inside the airbox for it and my new harness will reach it no probs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #306
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

You have a PM
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #307
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Havenít read through your whole build, RS_Raz, but what I have read so far has me feeling like a whiny bitch worried about trying to find space on my builds for all the knick knacks I need.

You are compressing a lot in a little package. Excellent work!

Cheers, Zweihammer

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zweihammer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #308
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Havenít read through your whole build, RS_Raz, but what I have read so far has me feeling like a whiny bitch worried about trying to find space on my builds for all the knick knacks I need.

You are compressing a lot in a little package. Excellent work!

Cheers, Zweihammer
Thanks! I've deleted about as much as I can. Even did away with indicators coz the switches looked too bulky! I thought about losing the power valve & servo motor but it would limit my power band too much and I use the whole rev range on the road.
There's not much room for extras on a 2 stroke dirt bike coz the wheels need room to travel and the expansion chamber is big. Anyways the airbox is pretty big so I stuff it all in there

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #309
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Big reps to James for all his info and recommendations on Reg/Recs!
Even offering to send one out so I could check fitment. Cheers mate, that's real cool

I managed to get hold of an FH022AA Mosfet from a 2018 KTM Superduke:

It's a bit smaller than the older models and has a single plug. Although the plug is shared with a Honda TRX, the only place I can find to buy the connector is from Hong Kong and it looks like I'd have to wait til January. I'm too impatient for that so I'll have to get some decent 4.8mm spades to get this hooked up.

It's gonna go here:

coz that way the terminals face downwards and the fins are cooled by the airflow through this duct:

So that was easy, I've already drilled a hole for it:

But now I gotta figure out how to support this side?:

James?

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2018, 08:40 PM   #310
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

A simple aluminum round spacer drilled to size for bolt. Then hand file one end the contour of your fender. May take a couple of tries to get the correct angle, but should work. Always remember "Blue Loctite" is the friend of wayward parts.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis