97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 34 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2018, 02:05 AM   #331
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:09 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

Yes. I think so. I read that it will vary the voltage dependant on how much charge is in the battery. As I don't have one, maybe it's chucking out more voltage coz it thinks that the battery needs it.
I can't find any info on using this type of RR with a battery eliminator.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2018, 02:46 AM   #332
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:09 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Yeah, that capacitor is something I'm sure no OEM ever designed a r/r for. I'm no help here, but if anyone can sort this out it'd be you. Keep at it, Raz.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2018, 05:07 AM   #333
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 20 Times in 17 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

when my maintenance battery was on its way out I got stupid readings similar to those voltages. If you need a cheap battery find a cheap hobby battery and connect that up it should resolve your issue, they're really small too!
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2018, 05:23 AM   #334
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Yeah, that capacitor is something I'm sure no OEM ever designed a r/r for. I'm no help here, but if anyone can sort this out it'd be you. Keep at it, Raz.
Cheers mate I'll get to the bottom of this self inflicted mess

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2018, 05:28 AM   #335
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
when my maintenance battery was on its way out I got stupid readings similar to those voltages. If you need a cheap battery find a cheap hobby battery and connect that up it should resolve your issue, they're really small too!
Definitely an option. I've got no switched lives but that can change if necessary.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2018, 06:11 AM   #336
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Swapped out the big fat aluminium bracket for a slender stainless one bolted to the subframe:

The axle blocks were going pinky even though they've not even seen all that much sunlight and the bolts are rusty with adjuster nuts that were too big:

Now all silver to match this raw aluminium thing I've got going on:

I need to strip the anodizing off the sprocket but I'll wait until I get new bolts to replace the chewed up ones that came with the wheels.

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #337
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Source coils rewound closer to WR200 spec (higher resistance), new thicker gauge wires for charging coils and everything else in spec so the spare stator can go back in the box:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #338
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

So bored of waiting on this connector. Last week... or maybe the week before I rang a few companies and they have the plug as part of a 90 kit and won't sell it separately or they don't have it & can't get it unless I buy the whole harness from Honda or KTM for hundreds of pounds. You just can't buy the connector on it's own. Madness. Trust me to choose an RR with a forbidden plug on it. The used harnesses on the internet are expensive and I'd have to buy terminals anyway.

Fuck it. Snippy-snip. Crimpy-crimp:

Old RR on and out for a blast to test my new throttle. It's still too much travel! I think Shiny has been fucking around with it
So very nice to have such a smooth throttle now though. Brappability has definitely increased.

I fighterised my number boards (white bits):

I cut a whole load off them as they were unnecessarily big. I didn't choose the shape though, I just cut it back to where it fits into the rear fender to stop shit going in the airbox.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #339
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:09 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

The trimmed number plates look very nice. But I didn't fook with your throttle. Get a Honda if you want throttle response
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
The Following User Says F-U to shinyribs For This Post:
RS_Raz (12-05-2018)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #340
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
The trimmed number plates look very nice. But I didn't fook with your throttle. Get a Honda if you want throttle response
If only I was rich like you

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis