97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 39 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2019, 04:06 AM   #381
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:42 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa1300 View Post
I have a Zeel in my VJ23 and have no problems with the race plugs.
They work great in town and out beating the hell out of it.
Using stock plug wires and cap.
Sounds good to me. You'll probs be getting the nice fat spark I've been looking for.
They also say to use carbon core HT leads too or you get interference but I'm using copper stranded OK.

Maybe some zeels are different but mine came with a bold, red printout that said "USE RESISTOR PLUGS!"

Not trying to give false information, just doing as Borut says. All bikes are different anyway. Maybe it's due to the proximity of the HT lead and the main harness or CDI on some bikes?

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #382
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I've been looking at different kickstart lever options. There are a few that I know will fit but they're all steel and even uglier than my cast iron one. I cross referenced the part number for the nut and found a really cheap, shiny chrome one that could work:

It's from a YBR125 and I could make it work but it's massive and heavy and what was I thinking? I didn't imagine it would be so huge. It's wide too.

While mine was off, I took it apart and serviced it:

I guess it doesn't look too bad...

I just kinda wanted an aluminium one like all the other YZs

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #383
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Polish it, then chrome it, then TiN coat it.

I powdercoated my OEM kickers, and they look great.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #384
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
II just kinda wanted an aluminium one like all the other YZs
Forged aluminum. $65 usd on ebay. First one I saw.

Why can't you use an aluminum kicker from another YZ?
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2019, 11:30 PM   #385
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I'm guessing because it's not a YZ engine? It's a DT engine, right?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #386
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Oops. Missed that part.

Looks like a close match in the photos.

Can an aluminum lever be grafted onto your original knuckle? That's the way the RZ500 kicker fits the RZ350.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-16-2019, 07:38 AM   #387
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Yeah it's a DT engine. None of the YZ kickers will fit except an 80s YZ80 which has the right size shaft but uses a pinch bolt to attach it which I don't have room for - plus, it's uglier than me.
From what the internet says, YZ125s have 31 tooth splines and YZ250 shafts come in 18 & 20mm but mine is 16.5mm

The knuckle won't fit the YZ levers coz my lever is held on with a C clip on the top whereas the YZ ones have a screw in the side.

Some sort of coating could work but will chip off where the lever hits the footpeg.

There will be one that fits, or one I can make fit. Just needs to be discovered

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #388
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
Yeah it's a DT engine. Some sort of coating could work but will chip off where the lever hits the footpeg
Seen this before with engine swaps.

Usually a slightly longer kick lever will get it out past the footpeg. Doesn't look like much room for a longer lever on your bike, though.

Another good solution is a fold-up footpeg.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #389
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Thanks for the suggestions! I will investigate

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #390
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Hmm.. KTM kickers have the right number of splines. What's the chances of it being the same size? Looks very much the same...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis