Investor Beware - AB420 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Buyer/Seller Feedback Been burned when buying or selling something online? Let everyone know!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Investor Beware - AB420

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Fate
GURU of da poo poo
Local Time: 10:38 AM
Flip Offs: 138
Flipped Off 106 Times in 61 Posts
Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Investor Beware - AB420

THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK

Now that AB has started this thread looking for investors I feel it's important that I put my past experience investing with Chris out here for all to see.

I understand that any investment is a risk.

About 2 and a half years ago Chris made a thread looking for investors for the CF mafia game. I jumped at the opportunity to possibly make some extra cash and to help the site grow. Chris had very big plans for the game which he sold me on, including selling the game to other forums/sites. We agreed upon a contract where I would get a % of the profits after each round.

After I paypaled my money only ONE more round was ended. The game then fell into some sort of purgatory when AB had some personal issues. He sent me my % from the one round(which was less then 1% of my investment) and I've never heard from him on the subject again.

Personally I feel he has a poor track record and if he had a LEGIT business plan and model he could walk into nearly any bank and be financed. (This statement based on my experience both with Chris and starting and running my own business).

And for the record, I STILL support Custom Fighters, I just renewed my VIP for a fourth year.

**EDIT** I was paid twice and it equaled about 20% of my original investment.

Why do so many people embrace mediocrity instead of seeking excellence?

Last edited by Fate; 03-05-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: corrections
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Investor Beware - AB420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK

Now that AB has started this thread looking for investors I feel it's important that I put my past experience investing with Chris out here for all to see.

I understand that any investment is a risk.

About 2 and a half years ago Chris made a thread looking for investors for the CF mafia game. I jumped at the opportunity to possibly make some extra cash and to help the site grow. Chris had very big plans for the game which he sold me on, including selling the game to other forums/sites. We agreed upon a contract where I would get a % of the profits after each round.

After I paypaled my money only ONE more round was ended. The game then fell into some sort of purgatory when AB had some personal issues. He sent me my % from the one round(which was less then 1% of my investment) and I've never heard from him on the subject again.

Personally I feel he has a poor track record and if he had a LEGIT business plan and model he could walk into nearly any bank and be financed. (This statement based on my experience both with Chris and starting and running my own business).

And for the record, I STILL support Custom Fighters, I just renewed my VIP for a fourth year.
Actually, the mafia game fell apart if you remember correctly. During that final round, major bugs surfaced which totally destroyed gameplay, and I personally invested a shit load of time and money into trying to fix it, however through several times of opening the game up again, it kept failing, and even opened up a security bug that was exploited at one time. All in all, it did suck, I don't deny that at all. That's the nature of investing in anything, sometimes things don't go well. I personally got hit way harder than anyone on that. I would loved for it to work well and make everyone a load of money, but it just didn't play out that way.

As far walking into a bank goes - over the past 6 years I financially sunk myself trying to keep CF going, so my credit has been trashed. I know I can build a successful forum (have you looked around?) That's why I'm doing this - I'm sticking to what I know and know can be successful.

However, I still hate the fact that it didn't work out - I genuinely thought it would, and thought it would be good for everyone involved. But, I would still like to help you recoup your investment and possibly earn some money as well.

I will be giving anyone who invested in the mafia game, a small share in this new forum of mine. I have to run some numbers to see what I can do, but I will do my best to make sure you at least get your investment back.

Keep in mind - there was nothing in the deal to invest in the CF Mafia game that guaranteed anything other than a % of the money earned from the game on CF, but this is my way of saying sorry it didn't work out.
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ab420!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
Denver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:38 AM
Flip Offs: 365
Flipped Off 415 Times in 238 Posts
Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I hope CF Mafia didn't fail because of how much our teams tried to cheat... lol

The Shitmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
If it brokes it brokes.
Denver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
ab420
Abministrator
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvgasm View Post
I hope CF Mafia didn't fail because of how much our teams tried to cheat... lol
No, some serious security flaws popped up after someone hacked the site through one of them. Unfortunately, they were part of the core features of the game. I tried like hell to re-code it in a way that wouldn't be insecure, but failed. I then paid other people, and they failed as well.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Fate
GURU of da poo poo
Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Keep points;

All investments are a risk.
This was my experience, others may vary.
No matter how bad you feel it didn't work out.
If you're asking for new investors they deserve to know your track record.
I wish you the utmost success.
Thanks for the offer but I'd rather not be involved in a new forum.

This user High Fived Fate!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
ab420
Abministrator

Quote:
All investments are a risk.
absolutely

Quote:
No matter how bad you feel it didn't work out.
feeling bad is worth nothing, trying to make up for it when you have no obligation to is something in my opinion

Quote:
If you're asking for new investors they deserve to know your track record.
Agreed. Anyone who wants to know about my long list of successes is more than welcome to send me a private message.

Quote:
I wish you the utmost success.
thank you

Quote:
Thanks for the offer but I'd rather not be involved in a new forum.
you're turning down free money?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
ab420
Abministrator

...and just for the record - you were paid TWICE from the CF Mafia Game, which made up for 21.06% of your initial investment... not "less than 1%" as you put it...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Fate
GURU of da poo poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab420 View Post
...and just for the record - you were paid TWICE from the CF Mafia Game, which made up for 21.06% of your initial investment... not "less than 1%" as you put it...
You're absolutely right and I apologize for miss-information. After you posted I went back and checked my paypal history.

This user High Fived Fate!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
ab420
Abministrator

Quote:
You're absolutely right and I apologize for miss-information. After you posted I went back and checked my paypal history.
No problem man, it happens. Still nowhere near where I wanted it to be. Please reconsider my offer, take piece of my new pie man... its gonna be tasty!!!
This user High Fived ab420!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
katana john
OLD GUY's RULE
CF Pimp
katana john's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Flip Offs: 277
Flipped Off 92 Times in 62 Posts
katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!katana john is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Linkmasters 

MMMM pie.
Can I have a slice?
katana john is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
The Following User Says F-U to katana john For This Post:
Smoker (08-07-2016)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Buyer/Seller Feedback