gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 107 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #1061
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:17 AM
Flip Offs: 32
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
Put a 35mm black button off an old jacket and sew/zip tie it onto your frame and you get the idea
How rude

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #1062
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 22 Times in 19 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Can't be letting everyone know you've got it on a fancie bracket can we =D
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #1063
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

didnt do much this weekend as i have had other things to do, but one thing i did do was swap the 90deg bends for the throttle cables

on the carbs for some 45deg ones, much happier with the cable run over the cam cover with them.

will make up*the cables now i am happy with the fittings.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #1064
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

cut and soldered the throttle cables, all sat nice and clean, works a treat.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2019, 05:27 AM   #1065
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

in my search for less cluttered handle bar/front end area, i have come up with a cunning plan, this involves sorting the brake hoses from the M/c, going to remove one of the hoses and fit a splitter block to the underside of the lower yoke.
this will result in one less hose from the M/c, also the use of a single banjo bolt, so the hose/banjo wont stick out so far from the bottom of the M/c.
i will be going onto TorquesUK shop later to purchase all the required bits and pieces for said project.

Whilst pissing around with the steering damper last night, I had another brain storm, after looking at the collapsed bearing in the end of the damper rod, it occurred to me that the bearing was fitted into the end joint and then swagged to hold it there, not just a press fit as i had first thought! so the bearing must be a 14mm O/D not the 15mm (couldnt find any on the web!! ) i had first thought.
this means that i will be able to get a new bearing no problem, so tonight i will attempt to press the old bearing out without doing any damage to joint or damper rod.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #1066
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

well, got an 8mm socket, used it to knock the bearing out, didnt take much effort, got it out without any damage to the damper rod and bracket.

measured up the bearing, went on e-bay, got one for 3.22 posted.

bit of a saving as i was going to send it away and get it done by Firefox Racing, looks like i have saved some cash and effort, result
waiting for some measurements back from Torques UK, if all is good then i know now what i am going to do.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #1067
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

You know some days when you are sat at home waiting to do something and you just happen to go on E-bay to pass the time....................welll

i was sat waiting to go to the dentist, had a bit of time to spare, sold a few items last couple of days,* so money in Paypal account.

didnt like the OEM Nissin fluid reservoirs that i have currently fitted to the bike, so had a quick look at some flash Italian Billet goodness, as you do............

have purchased some Rizoma pots from Moore Speed Racing, same folk that i got all my Motogadget lushness*from.

Haha I shouldnt be left alone unsupervised* without adult supervision. :angel

see how i get on with fitting them, I didnt order the mountings coz the Rizoma fitting kits are a bit

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2019, 08:54 AM   #1068
sepang
ไบรอัน
CF Lover
sepang's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:17 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 5 Posts
sepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond repute

Liking them 👊
sepang is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sepang!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #1069
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:17 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I know you already ordered it, but I have https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/b...reservoir-tank set up so it just pushes on over the intake nipple. No hose, no mount bracket, so it's nice and clean. I don't have a good picture of it installed, but here you can kinda see how low profile it is. https://i.imgur.com/QE9cErq.jpg

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2019, 04:50 PM   #1070
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

brake hose bits turned up today, so it was off with the front end and on with fitting the new set up.

dry break connectors did the trick in helping with QD front end.

had to remove some small webs from the underside of the yoke, will clean it all up when it is finished.

still need to get a hole drilled to fit the retaining nut, but will get that done later.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes