gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 12 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #111
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Íh ya, upgrades!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #112
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:34 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Fuck yea

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2015, 05:14 AM   #113
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

As i am now happy that the carbs are receiving the correct amount of fuel with the vacuum tap out of the circuit, i have replaced
the fuel tap with it disabled (constant flow when tap is open)
will have another play with the carbs later, bike runs very well after 1/4 turn of throttle (when it comes onto the needles) but is still
very lumpy and missing on carb No 4 when on first 1/4 of movement.
also need to get the speedo working, at the moment it seems to be having intermitent input from the sencer on the read disc, leading to inconsistant
speed readings, although the biggest problem with it is that due to the bad readings from the pick up it isnt recording distance traveled, which isnt helping to let me know when to re fill the tank.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2015, 05:36 AM   #114
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

What's the deal with the speed reader? Is it a magnet that isn't lining up quite right?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2015, 06:27 AM   #115
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
What's the deal with the speed reader? Is it a magnet that isn't lining up quite right?
is a sencer that is suposed to register the steel disc bolts, but i am not getting a constant read out!! as if it is reading some times and not others
might have to check the connections to the harness to make sure everything is in positive contact

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2015, 06:36 AM   #116
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Are you using stainless bolts? Don't know if it makes any difference or anything, but they aren't magnetic.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #117
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Are you using stainless bolts? Don't know if it makes any difference or anything, but they aren't magnetic.
Haha, i have the OEM Suzuki soft monkey metal oxadized bolts fitted, coz when i re read the fitting instructions it said not to use S/steel or Ti as they dont give a good enough signal
so i have removed my nice blingy shiny Ti ones and re fitted the poxy steel items
still not working correctly, just something else to keep me occupied

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #118
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:34 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

so maybe I missed it, but that vid was on a dyno, no? SOOOOOOO what are the numbers!

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived venturesomerite!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #119
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by venturesomerite View Post
so maybe I missed it, but that vid was on a dyno, no? SOOOOOOO what are the numbers!
sure i posted the results got to 110bhp before dropping onto three cylinders, was also running rich.
now have the missfire sorted (fuel starvation) and need to do some more runs to sort the jetting.
but pleased so far with 110 as stock the bandit 12 only makes 98 claimed

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2015, 05:25 AM   #120
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

had her apart again last night, played around with carbs, but still missing!!
so it was off with the tank in an effort to find out why.
seems one of the stick coils was loose (again)
it would appear that all of the first batch of stick coils that i had were worn out, and wont maintain a good grip on the spark plug
top! they are all now removed and have been replaced with my second batch.
engine now running without missfire, but is "hunting" a bit at idle, so a little bit of work still to do on carb set up

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes