gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 13 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #121
Wrexz
Noobie
Local Time: 01:55 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really nice
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

You should see if you can get replacement rubber boots for the coils, I know they make them for coil on plug cars so they should be available somewhere for bikes as well
Wrexz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Wrexz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2015, 03:44 AM   #122
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:55 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

cheers for that Wrexz, but its not a problem with the rubbers, more a case of the small metal clip that grips the threaded piece on top ot the plug being worn out, thus not gripping the plug as positivly as it should.
I have now changed out all of the worn sticks, so have fingers crossed that i have cured that problem

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #123
Wrexz
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really nice

Would it be the piece labeled #2?

Wrexz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2015, 06:21 AM   #124
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexz View Post
Would it be the piece labeled #2?

No mate the sticks that i have use a small "C" clip fitted inside the bottom of the stick body, it is that that is worn out.
I will post some pics later

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #125
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Is there no way to get to the clip and squeeze it closed a little bit?
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tsukuyomi79!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #126
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukuyomi79 View Post
Is there no way to get to the clip and squeeze it closed a little bit?
tried that mate, but clips seem to be very worn and weak

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2015, 12:51 PM   #127
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That's poop
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tsukuyomi79!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-17-2015, 04:10 AM   #128
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

took the forks apart last week to change the oil seals, but found that one of the slider bushes was badly worn, so ordered a set of bushes.
got all the bits needed to sort the fork legs out on Friday.
went over to my mate Stu's and used his seal drivers, now forks have seals and bushes, just waiting on the fork cap extenders so i can get
everything re built.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 05:07 AM   #129
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

took her out for a quick test ride, still got a very lumpy idle, carb bowles still flooding/overflowing if left with tap in the on position and engine not running even after fitting new fuel needles and seats FFS. I am going to re visit the setting of the floats, but made sure that they were spot on to the Mikuni reccomended 17mm, might try setting them 18mm or more to see what that does, got a feeling that it isnt helping me get the low throttle settings sorted.
first problem i am having is from idle (closed throttle) to 1/4 throttle, she is very lumpy and stuttering, have played around with pilot screws, but as of now have not made a lot of difference! if it happens when riding it clears if i shut the throttle and then open up again slowly, once over 1/3 throttle she goes like fuck, just low throttle transition probs at the moment
i have just adjusted the accelerater pump to see if that will make any difference.
second problem is that i seem to be loosing one cylinder at idle, but then comes back in again with slight throttle? have checked coils and ignition (cant find any probs), have an idea that it is linked to backfiring through carbs and holding revs on closed throttle. gives all the symptoms of having an air leak somewhere in the carb to head fitment area, so i have taken the carb rubbers off and given the rubbers a good coat of Honda bond to make sure that they are air tight.
will take extra care when replacing the carbs to make sure they seat propperly in the rubbers before tightening.
got the fuel feed sorted now and not suffering from starvation through lack of flow.
anyone got any experience of setting up Mikuni RS carbs? any advice would be very much appreciated
see how i get on with ride later this afternoon.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #130
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Nothing is more annoying then when carburetors refuse to cooperate and you're doing everything right.

Hang in there bud.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes