gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 14 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #131
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:06 PM
Flip Offs: 32
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Cheers Shiny

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #132
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

I have been and spent the afternoon fucking around with things, started off pulling the carbs apart, checking them, adjusting things, balancing them, then putting them on the bike after testing to see if
the floats were shutting off the fuel as they should, with everything looking good i tried the thing running again.
still not idling very well, and now running away when given more than 1/4 throttle!!
thought for a bit, then took the stick coils off, re fitted the OEM bandit 12 coils and leads, did a quick bit of wiring in, then tried it again.
looks like that was one of the problems, as it now idles very well on all four cylinders, so i now have a start point to move on from.
will take the carbs back off and re fit the larger 137.5's i had taken out when i had the carbs apart, see if that does anything for the running away lean problem!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #133
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:06 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
I have been and spent the afternoon fucking around with things
Every good post starts off this way...LOL!

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived venturesomerite!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #134
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

if it helps I got the std settings for the 38s somewhere...

I running 36s on the GSXR which are supposedly slightly two small for the 1216 set up (should be the 38s really) but as I understand it the smaller bores make it more usable lower down

Anyway. I digress..
I had a slight issue with lumpy idle
Settings say pilot screw should be between 1/4 & 1/2 and no more.
Mine are at 5/8 turn out as it was always slightly too lean at half and that if I kept it at half turn or below it was always too rich at one needle setting or two lean at the next so I just added an 1/8 on the pilot with the leaner setting & that seamed to sort it

Clips at 3 (strangly needed 1 notch richer (down) with the std 1127)
And I think 130mains (iirc 125 on the 1127) err... Might have to double check that??

And the std pilot jets (17.5?)

That's with Ramair foam filters though

Woulda thought you need to be in a similar ballpark settings wise

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #135
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

correction
Just found my notes

Was running 130s on both set ups (current 1216 & 1127) only difference was the needle clip and the 1127 had only 3/8s turn on the pilots

Looks like the std for the 38s are 135 mains and -2 on the clip too

& one thing I just remembered
These things are easier to tune if you disable the accelerator pump until you got them dialled in
Also ....
Oh ok two things
....(and I sure you already know this) but you tune pilots up rather than the mains down method of CVs

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #136
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

cheers for the info Bob, went and fitted the 137.5's again, now rev's better, but is still holding revs in the mid range, but not nearly as drastically as it was!
still not happy with the pilots, got them 2 turns out!
looks like the next thing i need is some richer needles to sort the lean mid throttle.
will need to phone/ e-mail Allens Performance for some info and advice on needles i think.
though i am happy with the outcome of today, nice to have a bike that sits and idles properly

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 04:22 PM   #137
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

ah!! Just a thought Steve...Is it holding revs when you shut the throttle. Especially from approx half throttle?

Seam to remember discussing only running a pull cable with you wich I did originally also

And... That's what mine was doing with a single cable only.. Throttle would stick, & for the most part, it only did it briefly then dropped as the slides freed. until it stuck for longer, I thought it was the throttle hanging due to set up and didn't realise until it stuck 'stuck' that it was the slides

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #138
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

No Bob, got both push and pull cables on this one! its hanging with throttle fully closed

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 04:46 PM   #139
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

oh well, was worth checking. Didn't want you doing what I did......
I.e. Chasing what I thought was a bad setting only to find the symptom disappear when I went back to a setting I'd already ruled out.
Then one day, suddenly accelerating towards a packed roundabout when I shut the throttle and panicly having to shut it down with the kill switch

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #140
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Gave up pissing around and made the desision to buy a set of each jet that i might require to get the carbs sorted correctly.
went on the Inter web and purchased the said bits from the states, as they are a give away price compared to what it would cost to buy over here!!
got the next size down pilot air jets (0.7mm), next size up pilot fuel jets (size 20), and the next richer needles (2.98mm), all for less than it would cost just for the needles from Allans performance!
still waiting to find out when the supplier is posting out my Ohlins shocks, from what i was told it should be some time today, we will have to wait and see.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes