gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 15 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #141
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:37 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

RANT MODE engaged

DVLA, what a bunch of totally inept Omani moronic mega cretins!!!!!! couldn't organize a pissup in a pub, wankers.
just got a letter from them saying that the bike doesn't have a unique VIN No stamped into the frame!
i have produced photos to show the number as stamped into the headstock and the same number stamped into the Factory VIN plate, given them a Certificate of build from Suzuki UK confirming the vin number and giving them a construction date.
They have therefore allocated a DVLASWA*********** number that they state has to be stamped into the frame!
According to them, as i cant prove who built it i Cant call it a Suzuki (or any other Trade name FFS) even though it has a Suzuki frame, body work, engine, rear wheel, swing arm and wiring loom, and i have to give it a name of my choosing*.
They then go on to say it will require an MOT! even though i have had one done.
they also say that to get it registered (funny, they already gave me a Fucking Registration number) I will need to get a garage to stamp the number onto the bike and fill in the attached form.
The letter finishes with this gem
"REGISTRATION WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL THE DVLA RECEIVES THIS CONFIRMATION."
SO i have a bike with insurance, MSVA cert, MOT cert and registration number (all done with the registration they said i had ) that i have been riding around on that ISNT FUCKING REGISTERED, according to the fuckwits at the DVLA Kits & Rebuilds 1 D4.
bet the tossers are going to try and withdraw my 77 plate, and give me a twating "Q" now
Phoned them immediately, to be told that the person (read cock) that is dealing with my case isnt in, and they will get them to phone me tomorrow

* think i will call it a "DVLA 750 tosser"

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2015, 04:07 AM   #142
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Well that's shite.

Hopefully you can get it straightened out, maybe since you already have some components in place they might realise the error and carry on down the route you've been on rather than back-tracking a bunch of stuff. GL with that call.

Got me worried now, still waiting on the V5 for the Sinnis and we're leaving in just over 2 weeks, i would not have time for the crap they've put you through!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2015, 04:47 AM   #143
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

thanks cookie, but it just gets fucking better mate..................

update

even thought i was told that person dealing with my case would phone me back today, I phoned them instead, just to make sure i got things started.
when i got through I was informed that said person was not in till next Tuesday FFS, so much for getting a call back this morning, and more lies from DVLA, why wasnt i told that she wasnt in till next week?
so asked person that i had got through too exactly what was happening with my case, they said they would read my doccuments and get back to me.
got call back (shocked me, as first bit of real service from them)
was informed that the VIN No on my bike was not unique!!!!!! they have that number on record as having beeen used previously, and so they have issued a new VIN that i will need to get stamped into my frame before they will issue me my V5 doc.
I told them that mine was original, and it had cost me to get the Cert from Suzuki to prove that, didnt wash with them, I have to get the new VIN added.
but did get them to reasure me that i will be keeping my "R" plate, as it was issued by a different department to them.
I now have to take the front end back off, remove my OEM VIN plate, stamp the new VIN into the head stock (or frame) and get certificate signed and sent back to them, might just get it on the road again by Christmas if im lucky, at this rate

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2015, 04:53 AM   #144
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Damn that sucks. Esp since you have the paper work from Suzuki stating it's correct. Have you considered "Can i speak to your manager" and putting your case accross again? Because that seems crazy.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2015, 04:58 AM   #145
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Mate, I am loosing the will to live with these jobs worths, It seems that there is no real value or gain from "discussing things" with them!
it is their way, or no-fuckin-way apparently!!
just have to suck it up and keep slogging away at their pace.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2015, 06:08 AM   #146
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:37 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hang in there man! After all the effort for such a good build ,don't let them drag you down.
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived tsukuyomi79!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #147
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I wont mate, thanks, but it is just such a fucking drag, getting almost there, then being told to go back and start again through no fault of my own

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2015, 04:39 AM   #148
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

talked to Suzuki UK yesterday and found out from them why my frame number seems to have been used before in this country.

It would seem that back in the day, the US production line and the UK/Europe line in Japan used their own frame numbers, so basicly works out that there are

two of the same frame numbers in use, one here and one there!

It also would seem that the one imported into the uk from the factory was registered here and is still on the DVLA data base, i have imported its "US clown" and DVLA

cant duplicate entries on its data base, so have issued me a new VIN.

But the bit i did find strange, is that even Suzuki UK said i cant call it a SUZUKI as "it isnt a model built by them" even though it is basicaly all suzuki parts used in the build!!

so go figure, my hornet has a CBR blade engine, but is still called a Honda hornet on the V5, if i had just changed out the motor on a standard GS, it would still be called a Suzuki GS on its V5, so why the fook cant i call my GS a Suzi??? world has its head up its arse sometimes

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2015, 06:34 AM   #149
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:37 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

What are the odds of a identical vin import....Wow. is strange that Suzuki says it's not a Suzuki...is it a motorised rocking chair then?
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tsukuyomi79!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2015, 06:45 AM   #150
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukuyomi79 View Post
. is strange that Suzuki says it's not a Suzuki...is it a motorised rocking chair then?
they said "as it hasnt got a standard fitted engine, and so isnt a model sold by them, it cant be called a Suzuki"

Go figure

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes