gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 17 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #161
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:07 AM
Flip Offs: 32
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

I dont think i could make up this shit, honest i dont.
Got my V5 through the post today, was chuffed to bits for around 30 seconds, that was when i looked at the reg No!!!! its a Fucking "Q" plate.
phoned them straight away to see what the fuck was going on, managed to got the person dealing with my case, who said that as it is made up from bits of different
ages it would have to go on a Q.
asked why i had been told i had been allocated an "R" when i had talked to someone else at DVLA, and was told by a further someone else in her department that as i had been given the R by a different department i wouldnt therefor get a Q when they sorted mine out. also asked why i had spent 100 on a build certificate from Suzuki? as it dont seem to have been worth the paper it was printed on!
she said that i have 12 months to put in an appeal against their decision, if i thought it was wrong.
basically told her that i had been pissed around by them enough for one build already. and put the phone down before i totally lost it with her.
then spent the next hour on the phone to the insurance trying to explain why i had insured my bike with a bogus reg number, wrong VIN and incorrect makers name FFS.
lucky for me they seem to have no such problems as the DVLA and changed my details over on the insurance data base with very little fuss and no extra cost.
then checked the DVLA data base to check if they had taxed it and kept the MOT details.
looks like i now have a legally Registered "Bowyer Special" that is Taxed, MOT'd, insured and has a V5 document, which is more than i have been for the last few months!
see how long it is before i get told something isnt quite wright and DVLA forgot to tell me something else important needs doing
WANKERS

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #162
dc1989
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
dc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to behold

It sucks about it being on a Q dude.....
But, on the plus side, its all legal again now at least.
Also, if the insurance was cool about it that's a bonus....out of interest, which insurance company are you with?

That's the kind of mess I'm trying to avoid with the dvla on my gsxr, but its good to know that some insurance companies don't seem to be bothered or scared of covering something on a Q.
dc1989 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived dc1989!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #163
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1989 View Post
.out of interest, which insurance company are you with?

Adrian Flux through Bikesure

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #164
dc1989
GURU
Senior Fighterer
dc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to beholddc1989 is a splendid one to behold

Cool, ill have a look for a quote with them....i generally just use the comparison sites, but they all seem to be mce companies that give the same quotes.

Do you think you'll just stick with the Q plate if it turns out to be no more hassle from here on? I think the only problem would be resale value would be lower than normal, but we don't build them to sell really I guess, and they always lose money anyway too.
Hopefully the Q plates aren't as bad as people make them out to be online.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #165
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1989 View Post
Do you think you'll just stick with the Q plate if it turns out to be no more hassle from here on? I think the only problem would be resale value would be lower than normal, but we don't build them to sell really I guess, and they always lose money anyway too.
Hopefully the Q plates aren't as bad as people make them out to be online.
Dont see that i have any other choice mate just fucked off with the total piss around from the DVLA, what a bunch of inept twats they keep turning out to be.
I am happy to have the registration document, any reg is better than non not arsed with re sale value (dont have any reason to want to sell it )
just want to get the fucker out on the road now, I have just ordered the reg plate, just need to sort the jetting now

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 04:56 PM   #166
dc1989
GURU
Senior Fighterer

Only way around it would be to get another frame and rebuild the bike under that vin and reg.....obviously, its a pain in the arse though.
But, with the Q seeming to not be a problem at all.....theres no need to reframe it at least
Good news for anybody that finds themselves in the same mess with the dvla.

I was gonna reframe mine if I got any trouble from the dvla, but it does seem that the myth that having a bike on a Q plate is a total disaster, isn't really true.
I was always told that the insurance would go insane, so its good to see that yours has stayed the same.
This user High Fived dc1989!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #167
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

For us 'Mericans, what is a Q plate and how does it differ from what you want?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #168
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
For us 'Mericans, what is a Q plate and how does it differ from what you want?
when the age of a bike or car cant be positively defined (re build after write off, kit car, trikes, old parts build) when getting a registration number issued, they give you a registration starting with a "Q"
It is like a lepers badge to some people when trying to re sell

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #169
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Means you can dispense with indicators , and get more leaway on exhausts noise etc come mot time tho does it not?
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #170
dc1989
GURU
Senior Fighterer

yeah, I think the Q plate does offer more freedom with noise regs and stuff.....

it would be kinda cool actually if your bike shows us all that being on a Q isn't really that bad, because it is kinda made out to be like, the death of a project bike/car.

you found out this morning that your proper reg plate was gone and they'd made you go with the Q, and in the space of a day, your insured taxed and fully legal.....id say that's pretty good going considering
These people High Fived dc1989!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes