gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 19 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #181
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:51 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Seems that the last alteration was a good one and she now pulls like a train, dont run hot and has no hesitations or ruff spots. even had a chance to try her out when a Porsche Cayenne tried it on, haha left it for dead even through the twisties.
Dyno is fully booked this week, so i will have to wait, but not too worried as i wont be out on her proper till i have the new shocks fitted, and she is running well as it is, so dont think she is going to get any damage from fueling issues in the mean time.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2015, 06:10 AM   #182
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

had a go at re fitting the R&G LED indies now i have some inline load resisters, as i was having problems with them the last time i tried to fit them on with the LED relay!
took one of the front indies off, replaced it with the LED one, spliced in the inline resister, all seemed to work ok, flash rate was correct.

started bike up and gave them a try again, but this time, same as last time, they started to flash exccesivly with the motor running!
went back to the start and tried without the inline resisters and a LED relay, flash rate was now ok (fuck knows why, as it wouldnt last time i tried this set up :-/ ) but no indi indication on the dash lights, I wired in only 1 resister on the front indie where the dash take off was.
now got correct flash rate with or without motor running, and dash idiot lights work too, will try to get them wired in properly tonight when i clean up the rear mud guard/ number plate hanger area.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2015, 07:06 AM   #183
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

have knocked up a couple of mounting brackets for the rear indies, looking to mount them from the rear of the frame rails where they end
half way down the bottom of tail piece.
that will keep them out of the way of the number plate hanger which i am going to "adjust"
think i will cut out most of the mud guard between the frame/seat and the wheel, then make up a mounting to hold and reinforce the rear light and tail piece, which
will also hold the number plate.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #184
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
have knocked up a couple of mounting brackets for the rear indies, looking to mount them from the rear of the frame rails where they end
half way down the bottom of tail piece.
that will keep them out of the way of the number plate hanger which i am going to "adjust"
think i will cut out most of the mud guard between the frame/seat and the wheel, then make up a mounting to hold and reinforce the rear light and tail piece, which
will also hold the number plate.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #185
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

pmsl, I will get some up as soon as i get back from work mate

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #186
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

took some pics of the new indies with fixing brackets for Cookie

then set around making a tail brace bracket to support the tail piece for when i remove the mudguard & rear fender.

once bracket was sorted i went to work with the dremil, removed all the plastic that i wont be needing any longer, will be seating the rear light further into the tail piece to make it less prominent at the rear.
need to make a number plate holder and attach it to the new frame.
i think it opens the rear end nicely.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2015, 06:48 AM   #187
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I have come up with a cunning plan for what i want to do with the rear light assembly, whether it will survive contact with the enemy is another thing!
i will be going looking for some LED strips that will fit into the light base, two strips for tail lamp, then three for the brake.
i will remove the standard bulb holder and fit a backing plate with the LED's
i will then reduce the depth of the lamp lens so it just clears the LED's when it is fitted.
should end up with a nice bright Tail/brake lamp that fits almost flush to the tail piece, time will tell

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #188
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

have ordered the LED's, removed the lens from the lamp and removed the excess,
left with a nice thin lens that will fit into the tail piece without sticking out.
need to make a backing plate for it to screw to that will attach to the tail with the LED strips on.

then did a test fit for pictures to show how i want it.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2015, 06:52 PM   #189
byknuts
oooh fudge!
Fighter
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
byknuts is well likedbyknuts is well likedbyknuts is well likedbyknuts is well likedbyknuts is well likedbyknuts is well liked

looks way better!!
byknuts is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived byknuts!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2015, 06:55 PM   #190
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

Whoa!! Nicely done on the taillight

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived DrJellyFingers!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes