gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 20 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #191
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:26 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

I can honestly say I would have never thought about cutting a taillight.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2015, 03:36 AM   #192
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:26 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

cheers guys, just something i learned when i did a similar thing on my hornet a few years back

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2015, 04:57 AM   #193
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

have now got the strengthening brackets drilled and fitted, rear end now nice and firm with no chance of
flex causing problems.
need to sort out two spacers for the main M8 fixing bolts, but that isnt a problem.
soon as i get the light mounting plate done i will make a number plate mounting, to bolt to the strengthening bracket.
LED's have been marked as "dispached" so should be here within the next day or two.
Ohlins rear shocks should get here sometime very soon too

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #194
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

started the evening session by cutting a piece of cardboard to fit as a pattern

then transferred the shape onto a piece of alloy plate once i was happy, few quick strokes with a hacksaw and file had it fitted.
will look to secure it in place in my next shed session

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #195
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got the lens now screwed to the back plate, back plate drilled and screwed to the tail piece

LED's arrived, so had a play around with how i was going to mount them, they are nice and bright, I will be sorting them so three rows are the tail lights, and three rows for brake.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #196
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

LED's fitted, wired up and sorted, not too many problems, main one was LED strip supplied wired wrongly!!
just as well i ordered too many.

fitted

tail light

Tail and brake

just need to re fit tail to the bike and sort indicators

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #197
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:26 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Can't wait to see the lense on it to see how it looks. Nice job!
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tsukuyomi79!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #198
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukuyomi79 View Post
Can't wait to see the lense on it to see how it looks. Nice job!
Here ya go mate

tail light

tail and brake

new number plate mounting fitted

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #199
RedLiner
GURU

Senior Fighterer
RedLiner's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:26 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That looks really nice! I was going to do something similar but ended up buying an led "spider" bulb instead. I had to flip the socket 180* so the bottom part of the star would fit around the license bulb holder. I got lucky it just fits in the housing.

I like your idea since the led strips are pretty cheap. Have you seen the led COB strips and panels where the whole strip lights up?

RedLiner is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RedLiner!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #200
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLiner View Post
Have you seen the led COB strips and panels where the whole strip lights up?
No mate! have you got a link?

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes