Running Gear Poll - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2008 Streetfighter Buildoff

2008 Streetfighter Buildoff All discussion about the 2008 Buildoff goes in here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Running Gear Poll

View Poll Results: Should I...
Make the 7" rim work, even if it means possibly missing the deadline 3 20.00%
run the Buell front rim and brake, VFR rear rim 11 73.33%
run VFR gear front and rear 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:12 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 
Default Running Gear Poll

K, check my build thread for the basics as to how my night went---

Just chime in please, I really need some guidance from my fellow 'Fighters...

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:12 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Running Gear Poll

Make it work and quite your bitch'n. I'm living vicariously through your build. Mainly cause I sold you all my cool parts .

But seriously, It's worth it to do it right the first time. Trust me. I had to go back through Damage Control more times then I cared to, because I couldn't always finish the work the first go around.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

How'd I know you'd say that Scraps lol

So you think I should just make it work, even if I don't finish the buildoff?

I guess if I do it right it'll make it into Streetfighters Mag regardless of the buildoff huh? lol

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #4
ZrO-1
Go hard or go home

CF Pimp
ZrO-1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
ZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I voted for the buell front and vfr rear. That will be a nice combo even if you can't do the rim right away.

You can always get it on the street and then work on the rim later. Just don't wuss-out and go all VFR gear.

I am the hooligeek...
ZrO-1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
two240s

Fighter
two240s's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:12 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
two240s is a good noobietwo240s is a good noobie
2008 Streetfighter Buildoff - 1st Place 

Hate to say it, but do it the way you want it the first time (the right way). Find a better tail (that you want instead of cheap). Bikes definitely going to kick some ass if you finish it the way you've got it planned out.
I already regret not putting USD forks on mine, especially now that I found a set that will drop right in for next to nothing. At the same time no matter what you do, you know the bike will never be finished.
Customizing is a never ending process. haha

03 CBR F4i daily ride
04 CRF50 stunt piece
01 GSXR 600 fighter project
two240s is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #6
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of

You know, The buildoff is cool to participate in, but in the end, it's still your bike. If you cut corners to meet the deadline you're never gona be satisfied. You'll end up tearing it back down anyway to do what you really wanted in the first place.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma

True---I'm being greedy I guess. I think that if I cut this corner and 'finished' the bike by the end of the build off I'd have a good chance at winning...but maybe I'll just make it the long term project I originally intended it to be...

le sigh hahahaha

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It

Well, when I originally entered, I stuck with the theory that I'm going to do it exactly the way I want to no matter if I finish in time or not. The challange was, could I do everything, or at least the majority of it, in that time frame?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #9
ZrO-1
Go hard or go home

CF Pimp
ZrO-1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
ZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to allZrO-1 is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Everyone else won me over. (Hey I vote independent what can I say)
I think you should do it right the first time. If you'll miss the season waiting to do it, then get it rideable, but if you'll just miss the build-off deadline then do it right.

I am the hooligeek...
ZrO-1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
eZdoesit
I shit awesomeness
eZdoesit's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 42 Times in 35 Posts
eZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond reputeeZdoesit has a reputation beyond repute
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

i say run the buelly rim and the vfr to make the deadline. and then later on make the 7" work later on in life... like directly after the the build off

R.I.P Gavin "The GREENCHEEZEATA" Butts & Michele "Madmadame" Monroe. you will both be missed, and never forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
Strip the motherfucker down. Mod the motherfucker up. Ride the motherfucking tits off it...
-Expect the best, be prepared for the worst, fuck what others think & do your own thing.
eZdoesit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2008 Streetfighter Buildoff