Project Alice (or...... fucking up four wheels) - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters

Cage-Fighters Got a 4-wheel fiend as well? Let's see them cars and trucks!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Project Alice (or...... fucking up four wheels)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2020, 07:26 PM   #11
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Project Alice (or...... fucking up four wheels)

It at least needs some skully's on it.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2020, 01:35 PM   #12
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
It at least needs some skully's on it.
that not be a bad idea

Might just have to incorporate one (or more) somewhere

And.... due to the shite weather..

Not much has happened.
However I did set about some tinkering.

This started as replacing the heater valve as the one on it was corroded open...

....and continued to new heater hoses.

During this I noticed the vacuum hoses were perishing so I replaced them too
Then decided it was time to sort the rotten clutch master and the dodgy brake servo.

normaly this would be time to cue up the Ateam theme, retire to the garage, then curse and swear as I bodge my way through dismantling and refurbishing them. However this time things went slightly differently as the job mainly involved taking out my cash card and buying them new

....pleased with my expert returning skills. I started wiring in my spot lights. Only to get distracted by the poxy brakes again.....

....when I decided I really couldn’t live with those copper hardlines
A) they looked a mess
& B)they been getting in my way

So after some deliberation I decided a neat solution would be to replace them with some braided line...
you know, like you would on a bike!!! I’m a certified genius
And after much measuring and working out, I was all ready to order some custom lines..

.....only to find out some smart arse had already thought of this and there was already a kit available

And that’s better ....

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2020, 03:20 PM   #13
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

braided lines are so neat and tidy looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #14
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Lol. I was gonna say, you only bought it cuz it was orange...but I guess you just went right at it with the spray bombs eh? Lol. If you need some skullys lemme know. Think I still have a shoebox full of em somewheres around.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #15
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:26 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Onised to have GC chassis impreza i called Alice

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #16
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
Lol. I was gonna say, you only bought it cuz it was orange...but I guess you just went right at it with the spray bombs eh? Lol. If you need some skullys lemme know. Think I still have a shoebox full of em somewheres around.
wish it had already been Orange..
wouldn’t have to spray everything. Outside, in the cold*

And if you got some Skullys. They’d defiantly be appreciated.....
...and I’ll defiantly find a place for them

*it might only be small but the garage is rammed with bikes and my slowly accumulating junk collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Onised to have GC chassis impreza i called Alice
The minis been named Alice because the minute I say I got a mini... everyone goes “oooh! Is it a cooper?”

And, to me.... there’s only one Cooper and it ain’t John

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-27-2020, 02:29 PM   #17
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

and not much has happened as the weathers insisted on being all winterey

But did manage to get the front back off.....

This was to do the callipers as they a bit rough looking and thought they probably would benefit from a quick strip and rebuild..

And the front had to come of to access them as all the wheels have two* locking wheel nuts on them that I ainít got a bloody spanner for** but before I sorted them I got distracted by the knackered shocks and replaced them first before the rain sent me back inside to hide

*obviously someone didnít want them knicked but, FFS two!! On each wheel I might add
**not that it matters theyíre fucked .... even more so now Iíve forced them off

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2020, 06:57 AM   #18
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

with the Zombie apocalypse upon us,

Not much has happened to this for weeks.
But finally getting board of accusing looks every time my smokers cough kicked in I decided, as I unlikely to get to use the Mini for a while,I might as well get stuck in.

So with the sun out......

I started pulling the thing appart

......and if I could find a supply of Orange paint, I might actualy start getting somewher

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #19
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

in these days of pandemic Iíve come to realise 2 things....

1. All this social distancing and lockdown isnít bothering me! Which made me realise I was a antisocial bastard all along!

2. Orange paint is rarer than rocking horse shit & really hard to come by

No orange paint would normally mean I veg out in front of the telly and ponder doing stuff with absolutely no intention of getting of my arse
see the Butterfly mind thread .. any excuse to not Do Work!

However I canít settle HAVING to stay in!
Itís bloody ridiculous. If I can go out I canít be arsed. Now I canít I just wanna get on with stuff

So, Fuck it!! No lack of orange is gunna stop me....
Fuck you Scurvy! Bring on the rickets! Iím getting on with shit!

.... plundering my stash of supplies ment I could at least refurb the callipers...

....and back on.

Well that killed a few minutes ,
And with my solitary can of orange used..

I decided To work on the graphics!
As I mentioned, I wanted the Mini to match/complement the GSXR...

...and that was a nightmare to paint

I still get flashbacks now. So you would think a simple Orange/Black paint job would be in order and do the trick......

.....but NO!
I got time on my hands so I might as well burn some doing an overly complicated paint job again
Glutton for punishment me so...

....I set about laying out the graphics

Que Much pissing around with masking tape, pens, card and a craft knife..

And many many many hours later and I was nearly there

... a few more hours and...

Woohoo!!!

Shame I have to match it on the other side still!

But all the templates I cut helped and many many more hours later and that was also done...

Then I ruined it all by spraybombing on the black!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #20
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

normally Iíd be cursing by now & vowing if anything else goes wrong Iím just gunna spraybomb it matt black & claim thatís how I wanted it really

However... the sunny weather & excess of time means Iíve cracked on quite well

Some orange even turned up but only about half what I need

This ment I cracked on even more

both back quarters look like this now....

Unfortunately I hadnít really sorted the design for the door. But even that couldnít stop me!
the abundance of time ment I just tinkered and made it up as I went..

But I only had enoph orange to do the passenger door....

...although.... I did fuck up on the door and realised I forgot to remove a bit of tape

Usually this would have really pissed me of but strangely, sitting in the sunshine carefully cutting tape for hours on end has been oddly therapeutic And Iíll touch it in when some more Orange arrives

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters