Cheap "trials" bike? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cheap "trials" bike?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Cheap "trials" bike?

Thinking on my next project bike. Looking for something I can try some stunting on. Easy low speed (<5mph) wheelies / unicycle riding is the peak priority. Thinking trials (vs stunter) because in needs to work on dirt. I might eventually work up to obstacles and stoppies. Option for jumps would also be nice. Seems like a good way to get my lardy ass in shape...

What do I look for? What do I avoid? How cheap can I go? How much can / should I do to protect it from being dropped and crashed? Obviously I can do my own caging etc as needed...
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sebwiers!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Cheap "trials" bike?

I've been looking in to that lately. I was telling some riding buddies that I wanted one, now we're all three looking.

I don't know anything at all about all the different models, or what they're worth. But a guy on another forum competes with his big wheel 80 and wins.

If money was no object Iwould go buy a GasGas 250 Contact. It's a real, modern trials bike that also has a seat if you wanna take an easy trail ride, too.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2017, 12:37 AM   #3
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Yup, that sounds right in every aspect, espcially weight; the more trail / crossover bikes are generally over 220 lbs. Shame they are expensive, though that one is actually LESS than most!

From what I'm seeing, there are no cheap trials bikes, because they are all effectively special purpose race machines with high end components (for brake / clutch feel, suspension bounce, etc, as well as weight). Coming from the MTB world, that's actually something I get... just sucks. Almost makes me want to just get in shape and stunt my MTB. I used to be able to ride up short stair sets, huck loading docks, etc. Never was ANY good at wheelies though.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2017, 01:29 AM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Yeah, the Contact is considered an affordable entry bike, but the people who have them seem to rave about them. Apparently they are plenty competitive, too.

I keep an eye out for trials on CL. Usually only end up finding a bunch of people that can't spell "trail".
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2017, 03:26 AM   #5
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Honda made a road legal trials bike with light and blinklers? I'm both horrified and intrigued.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/c...205374806.html

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #6
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Do you guys have Fantic:s in USA? I've heard they're a pretty good hobby/weekend warrior type bikes without the need to sell any surplus organs to get one.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #7
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

cheap second hand dirt bikes tend to be cheap for a reason
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2017, 09:40 AM   #8
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME®

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebwiers View Post
Honda made a road legal trials bike with light and blinklers? I'm both horrified and intrigued.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/c...205374806.html

I had one of those for awhile. It was fun as hell. Used it mostly for a pit bike and the occasional drunken stunt at night on race weekends
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis