I need speedo drive advice - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > I need speedo drive advice

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #11
henry
Night Crawler
Fighterer
henry's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
henry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need speedo drive advice

I made a speedo for my bike with a hall effect sensor and a magnet glued into one of the disc brake rivets. I use an arduino as the controller and it has a 3 dollar display. They are very accurate as you can adjust the code. The only bad thing about it is the fact that digital number displays just aren't that fun or intuitive to look at. I feel like there is a gap in the market for a digital sensor speedo with a really simple clear analog-like display.
henry is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived henry!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #12
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:15 AM
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

That will be perfect. No cable speedo driver and you could have a more accurate indications with a retro look.

I've seen the streetbike project wille it was on progress and I realy enjoyed it Henry. I'm keen to see more updates from the dirtbike when you can!
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2018, 02:45 AM   #13
henry
Night Crawler
Fighterer
henry's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:15 PM
henry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond reputehenry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
That will be perfect. No cable speedo driver and you could have a more accurate indications with a retro look.

I've seen the streetbike project wille it was on progress and I realy enjoyed it Henry. I'm keen to see more updates from the dirtbike when you can!
Thanks Leroy! The dirtbike is still happening, I just bought a 3D printer to start printing my own design of battery holders
henry is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #14
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:15 AM
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

Nice! I can't wait to see more
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis