Sunday at church: Mass of the Dirtbag 2019 - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sunday at church: Mass of the Dirtbag 2019

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #31
Syscrush
Fighter
Syscrush's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:16 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 5 Times in 2 Posts
Syscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sunday at church: Mass of the Dirtbag 2019

I found my way here from the FOTM thread. Amazing work - thanks so much for sharing.

I'm curious - if you didn't do the motion studies in CAD to know that it would dive under braking, then what was the geometry based on? It looks too meticulous to think that you would have just eyeballed stuff.

What would Smoker do?
1979 CBX stealthy-mod
Syscrush is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2019, 06:40 PM   #32
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:16 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrush View Post
I found my way here from the FOTM thread. Amazing work - thanks so much for sharing.

I'm curious - if you didn't do the motion studies in CAD to know that it would dive under braking, then what was the geometry based on? It looks too meticulous to think that you would have just eyeballed stuff.
I don't know what he used, but I used Tony Foale's "Funny Front End" program for my own build. It calculates and graphs anti-dive (also trail and wheel base and rake) vs wheel travel for you, and also can calculate wheel travel vs spring force for a variety of suspension setups (including linkage styles). Well worth the money, and MUCH easier to use than a drawing based CAD program.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #33
make that thing forkless
forks and valves... WTF?
Senior Fighterer
make that thing forkless's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:16 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrush View Post

Thanks for the props... much appreciated!

In the CAD layout, I control the amount of rake and trail in a static position. If I had more time would have simulated the motion through suspension travel. As Seb mentioned, Tony's software is ideal for these types of studies.... but my version crashed and I haven't been able to re-activate it
make that thing forkless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #34
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

watched the movie with you in
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes