97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #41
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

Front brake line arrived:

It fits which is excellent. I'm always scared that parts made from my measurements won't fit.
I went with a different hose route than the original YZ because the original way is just stupid. But it meant that I needed to add a clip to the fork gaurd:

I decided to go with a fixed end at the master instead of a banjo coz I had this crazy idea that it would look good:

It's obviously less practical for maintenance but other than that...

The rear mount on the silencer wasn't gonna work:

I'm waiting on a universal strap/band to arrive so I can still have 2 mounting points as it's not particularly light.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #42
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:33 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Just checking out your project.

What engine is your final pipe from?

How do the measurements compare to the OEM Derbi pipe?
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #43
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Just checking out your project.

What engine is your final pipe from?

How do the measurements compare to the OEM Derbi pipe?
I never had the original Derbi pipe but I measured the Arrow/Giannelli pipe from it and the tuned length is ~825mm which puts maximum power @ 10150 RPM

This new pipe the guy said was aftermarket but no idea on the brand and from either a 98 or an 02 Yamaha DT125R which I'm sure is the same engine as mine but smaller carb & different CDI. The tuned length is ~985mm which puts maximum power @ 8500 RPM which seems really low but I'll try it. I can always put the YZ pipe back on.
This user High Fived RS_Raz!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #44
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Couple of bits done today. Panel for my idiot lights:

Discovered my fuel tap hits my choke lever :

Bled my front brake and found the caliper is binding :
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #45
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Got my new brake pistons:

Why are they plastic? I've never seen plastic caliper pistons before this.

Had to cut quite a bit of the tank plastic to fit round the power valve motor:

Also managed to get a YZ carb rubber to fit (ish):
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #46
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

My wife's Jeep Cherokee has those plastic pistons in the front brake calipers, so it must be up to the task. They actually call that material phenolic....still plastic to me.

My XR also has them. One big plus...no corrosion. Supposedly they resist scratching when things get dirty. Seems like a good idea after you get over the idea of them using a door stopper for your brake parts.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2017, 05:28 PM   #47
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Seems like a good idea after you get over the idea of them using a door stopper for your brake parts.
All sounds good. I've just never seen it before. It's all back together and working now anyway so that's that out the way.

Just ignore the brake fluid on the wheel. I'm just keeping it there until tomorrow or something.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2017, 12:42 PM   #48
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Made up a quick chain guide bracket from angle aluminium as this swingarm didn't have one:

Also fitted this Cycra brake line guide:

...in the dark apparently.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #49
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

You made that chain guide? Fook me, that looks OEM! Nice job, dude.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #50
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
You made that chain guide? Fook me, that looks OEM! Nice job, dude.
Come on, be sensible. I just made the bracket for it! I wish I had the skill to make such a pretty guide
Thanks anyway

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis