Project "skip build" - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Project "skip build"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #21
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Project "skip build"

Need a clean but these should do the trick

Connection plugs on order then I'll get on a wire these in so I can test the engine

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived titan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #22
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Playing with some ideas.

First I really like this concept of an MT10

But as my wife won't let me buy another new bike i figured I would see what a rough drawing of a bandit with that sort of tail would look like.

I think I have my design now now.
Front light will be an MT03 or similar with a small screen may need a bigger engine but we will see

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2018, 06:34 PM   #23
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

that looks the business
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #24
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
that looks the business
making it real is the hard part, but you lot make it look so easy hahaha

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #25
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

so a quick look on flee bay, it seems a lot of people are crashing MT10's. so at the weekend i'll take some measurements of a mates, see if the subframe is wide enough to make work on the bandit frame. i'm thinking probably not but for the 100 it's going to cost it may save me a lot of work. it's fixings are vertical so i'm thinking it will be an easy job to weld on some solid bar taped with the right pitch to fit it on the frame.

will get the tape out and see where we stand.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-MT...UAAOSw6GJaOjU~

should probably look for a tank too may come in handy

Quote:
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #26
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
making it real is the hard part, but you lot make it look so easy hahaha

hit the nail on the head there "make it look easy" ... it's never easy

gen2 bandit tanks are nice on gen1 B6, not much needs done either

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=63165&page=27

think I might have seen an FZ6 tank used too, but don't quote me on that
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #27
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
hit the nail on the head there "make it look easy" ... it's never easy

gen2 bandit tanks are nice on gen1 B6, not much needs done either

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=63165&page=27

think I might have seen an FZ6 tank used too, but don't quote me on that
I need to go back and re read the bandikat thread nick some ideas hahaha.

Added a bit colour to the design, wife says I like white to much so going with a purple and bark blue frame.

It's also got a name now BD12 very original but there you go. best add an engine to the list

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #28
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

10" top bars
11" bottom bars

subframe on the bandit distance between the bars. i asked my mate to measure his MT10, but as he buys bikes rides them for 10k mile then trades up he didn't know what i ment so will have to wait till sunday.

Quote:
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #29
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Nipped in the local Yamaha dealer, did a quick measure look like top mounts are about 9" apart and bottom mount is 8" so that would be workable but the length is just to long for the look. So I may try my hand at making a subframe later in the year that will attach the same way

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #30
yantosh

a lot of modern seat units look very long on bandit/gsxr style bikes , a few years ago the scene was full of them looking like someone had hung a canoe off the tank
These people High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes