Need to hack into Windows 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Need to hack into Windows 7

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 01:01 AM   #1
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:57 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Need to hack into Windows 7

So, I got a pretty nice laptop and PC from work that we were throwing away. I'd like to use the PC at home and put the laptop in the garage to run the laser table with (or maybe put my old laptop in there and use the new one for whatever).

But the geniuses at work didn't wipe anything. At all. Which... yeah... probably should have been done, as there may or may not be sensitive info on there.
This means that the accounts are still present.

At work we use some kind of centralized thingy where everybody can log in on any computer and get to their desktop, though a few things like Mastercam are tied to a specific workstation as far as I understand.
So when I fire up the computers, I'm prompted for my work login. Which, not being connected to the servers anymore, doesn't fucking work.

I'd like to wipe all personal info but leave some of the programs (e.g. Mastercam and stuff) if possible. I'd imagine that would mean gaining access and manually deleting stuff.
Alternatively, I'd like to confirm that's not in fact possible and then do some kind of factory reset that at least leaves the Windows 7 operating system and native programs intact.
I do not have a Windows boot disc. Or a product code.

I tried the safe mode >> "Administrator" thing and it didn't work... and that's pretty much the extent of my computer skills in this regard.

Any of you know what to do?

Our IT people and other corporate types are in another building like 10 min down the road. I can talk to them if it comes to it, but they work different hours and it's just a pain in the ass if it isn't necessary.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Need to hack into Windows 7

Take them back to work, connect to network and log in? I would get in contact with the work people first. Everything being legit(not saying it isn't), they won't mind taking a few minutes to get you in and take care of business.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Ancient one but...

https://www.riemurasia.net/kuva/Wind...-hukassa/48179

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #4
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:57 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Did you try rebooting it first?

That's the extent of my IT knowledge.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 06:32 PM   #5
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If you can get to windows 7 recovery and run Regedit.exe you should be able to find "domain" I think it's either

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Domain
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Group Policy\History

I can't remember off the top of my head, I'd need to check on my laptop as it was pretty much the same as yours a installation of windows done by deployment server.

You need to empty the data within that registry area it'll be something like name.network
then scan the rest of the registry (ctrl + F) for this network name - empty all of the entry name.network texts and this should resolve your issue.

Side note: it is most likely that your company's network will have as WSUS which means your computer will look to their server for updates, if you do not remove the entry for it then windows will not update from the microsoft server as a normal home installation would.
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Well we had a random company BBQ on friday and some of the corporate types showed up from down the road. Was able to chat with one of the IT guys and he said there's no way to save the fancy programs, but walked me through how to basically do a factory reset on em.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #7
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You want to know why he won't tell you how to save the programmes?

It's because they get a licence that can only be used on x amount of computers. These have to be listed so if the software vender says pick this machine and it is marked as not having the software and it has it then they usually get fined. But obviously if your computer isn't there it can't be tested so shouldn't be an issue.

You can save the software as it's all in the registry, you just need to remove the computer from the >> network domain << key words.
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #8
mcantar

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

The software isn't a HUGE deal, I have personal licenses to everything that they have installed (more actually). It just saves me the time/energy of setting up the compooder from the ground up.

How do I remove it from the network domain without being able to get into it in the fist place?

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2018, 01:14 AM   #9
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
onesight1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
onesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month 

Usually with work computers the have passwords at the Windows Log in, or Bios

pretty sure you're shit outta luck doing it the way you'd hope by keeping programs.

At best you'll have to format the HDD via re-installing windows, or factory reset.

if it prevents you, the HDD is locked- requiring a new HDD to be used, or reseting the bio by removing the motherboard battery if I recall

its been yearsssssss......

My first bike and on-going build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=65683
onesight1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2018, 01:13 AM   #10
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Go there, download the tool, make a bootable windows 10 install with a usb thumb drive. Install it using the Windows 7 sticker on the back of the laptop.

When you get to the screen asking which drive to install to, delete all partitions, create new partition, and install.

Done. You will have a totally fresh install that will legitimately activate, runs great, etc.

I do this all day at work....
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters