Latest time sink - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Latest time sink

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2018, 11:12 PM   #1
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:22 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Latest time sink

Have been off bike shit lately, at least in the area of getting shit done, so I've been screwing around in the shop building this hybrid flight stick for DCS. First thing I used the tube bender to make, actually.

X-65F force-sensing (non-moving) HOTAS on left, older and in this case partially busted X52 on the right.

Some twiddling with the lathe and the tube bender later...

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TURNIP!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Latest time sink

Taped up for testing. :P

If it actually works well and I don't hate it, I figure I'll make a little fiberglass shroud for the center section of the stick to protect the X65's board. Gonna put a bayonet connector in the data cable and have it plug into the board internally with no strain or movement on the stock connector.

Tomorrow I'll slap together something to mount it to and see how she goes in DCS.

Also considering turning this thing's spare throttle axis into a collective controller for helo shit.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I suddenly crave spaghetti...
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2018, 01:13 PM   #4
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Danger Zone!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2018, 10:19 PM   #6
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

F-14A/B comes out on October 7th... DANGER ZOOOOOONE

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2018, 01:32 AM   #7
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

K, missed the flight I was supposed to be on this afternoon - now flying out tomorrow morning, which gives me a little time to fuck with this a bit more. Plugged everything in and set it up - holy fuck! This thing is fucking awesome compared to a normal stick. Precision X20 million. Can line up for strafing in my Harrier like nothing. I'm sure it'll get even better when I start playing with the sensitivity curves etc. Centering force is low, of course, with the longer lever. I've seen dudes use RC shocks before, gonna pick up some of those cheap and see what I come up with.

I have no doubt that sometime down the road I'll rationalize my way into buying a Virpil or CKB base, but this is a MASSIVE step up from a stock X52.

This user High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #8
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:22 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Going to come back to this later, sounds awesome.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #9
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:22 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Neat project. I kinda want to build a rig for mitorcycle to use with xbox

Sent from Erics moms house

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-07-2018, 03:57 AM   #10
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Having used this thing off and on for a few days, I'm gonna redo the extension sometime soon to improve the ergos-be as simple as bending up a new piece of tube and transferring the fittings over. Gotta get out to the shop tomorrow to start cutting wood for winter so maybe screw with it then.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters