That one bike that does it all except exist - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > That one bike that does it all except exist

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2019, 12:43 AM   #21
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:05 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: That one bike that does it all except exist

640 ADV is a pretty proven beast. Quite a large following, so parts and aftermarket support shouldn't be a problem. Hard to go wrong with that one. But the 690 enduro is lighter(300 wet), 6 speed and I think about 20+hp?

You gotta give KTM credit. They never stop working.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2019, 11:46 PM   #22
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

From what I've seen, the 640 Adv is difficult to find and expensive when you do. As shiny pointed out, they also aren't very light. My 640 Duke dynoed with 50whp and weighed 350# with a full tank. If I would have taken the time to put it on a diet it would have been a pretty badass supermoto. It's one of the bikes I wish I still had.

A couple years ago at Barber I met a guy from New Mexico that rides all over the country on his 690 Enduro. I do mean all over the country. He rode it from New Mexico to the event at Barber and back. He also rode it from New Mexico up to Alaska and back. He wasn't bullshitting either. He gave me his YouTube account and sure enough he had all kinds of GoPro footage of the rides.

The problem I ran into with my 640 Duke and earlier 400 KTM's was parts availability. It seems like after 15 years KTM doesn't stock things anymore and it's hard to find even the simple things like the bushings to rebuild the forks.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #23
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I tell you what, there's always cool people to meet at Barber. That's my favorite thing about going.

640 ADV's are hard to find. I've looked. Similar to the used WRR's that come up for sale, they are gone within days up here in CO. If I wanted a KLR, I could have my pick of a dozen of farkled out, reasonably priced deals.

690 Enduro is a beautiful bike. Every time I have gone to the local dealership, I find myself drooling over her and fantasizing about all the rad shit we could do together. Kinda like a beautiful woman who would show you the time of your life, if you've got game and a thick wallet. KTM doesn't allow test rides, at least from what they tell me, so the best I got was throwing a leg over and whispering sweet nothings into her dash. She's into S&M judging by her seat.

Let's see some stats!
Displacement:690.00 ccm (42.10 cubic inches)
Engine type:Single cylinder, four-stroke
Engine details:Balancer shaft
Power:67.00 HP (48.9 kW))
Bore x stroke:102.0 x 84.5 mm (4.0 x 3.3 inches)
Fuel system:Injection
Ignition:Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
Lubrication system:Pressure circulation lubrication with two rotor pumps
Cooling systemLiquid
Gearbox:6-speed
Transmission type,final drive:Chain
Clutch:APTC slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
Driveline:5/8 x 1/4 X Ring
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Frame type:Chrome-moly tubular space frame, powder-coated
Rake (fork angle):27.0░
Front suspension:WP USD ě 48 mm
Front wheel travel:250 mm (9.8 inches)
Rear suspension:WP shock absorber with Pro-Lever linkage
Rear wheel travel:250 mm (9.8 inches)
Front brakes:Single disc. Brembo twin-piston floating calliper. Optional ABS.
Front brakes diameter:300 mm (11.8 inches)
Rear brakes:Single disc. Brembo single-piston floating calliper. Optional ABS.
Rear brakes diameter:240 mm (9.4 inches)
Wheels:Wire spoked
Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight:143.0 kg (315.3 pounds)
Power/weight ratio:0.4685 HP/kg
Seat height:910 mm (35.8 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Ground clearance:280 mm (11.0 inches)
Wheelbase:1,504 mm (59.2 inches)
Fuel capacity:12.00 litres (3.17 gallons) Small tank for a that many CC

Cable-free ┤ride-by-wire┤ system. Fly by wire with no redundancy, yikes!

Oil changes and valve checks every 6k miles!!!

This is the 2019, btw
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived thaOrleanyte!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #24
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:05 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Yep, basically a duke engine, so no crazy MX maintenance schedules. Hard to nitpick those bikes. Except they are not cheap or particularly attractive And any throwover luggage covers the fuel cap
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #25
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:05 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

My opinion has always been that dirt bikes are for dirt and street bikes are for street.

Enduro tires suck in the dirt, compared to proper knobbies; and enduro tires suck on the street, compared to street tires.

If I had to choose one bike for both, it wouldn't be hard to narrow down the choices. I rode a lot of dirt when I was younger, and never really changed my ways. For me, a functional dirt bike has to be very light. Something like the 690 Enduro would be a total pig on the trails and terrain I ride. Even riding a proper dirt bike, I'm going to drop it at least a couple of times, every time I go out. Not doing anything crazy, but I need to challenge myself a little, in order for it to be fun. WR250 is the best choice, from the bikes you've mentioned.

Been riding a WR250X on the street for over 25,000 miles. Fucking great street bike.
My speedo says 90-95mph 5 days/week on the freeway to work. Zero problems, and no engine work other than plug and oil/filter changes. Power is fine for the street, but I wouldn't mind trying the WR450 lump. Really, the only time I need more power is when I have to race someone off the line.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis