Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

SUKATI....until i get a better name

40K views 334 replies 26 participants last post by  ChrisCO 
#1 ·
if anyone has any spare rep can you please pass it Cookies way , man is a fuckin star

Deadline - Aug 2021

now that we discovered the photographers on the IoM I can,t be seen on the same build as last time:D

See less See more
#116 ·
Re: Italianeze build off thread

thermostat housing fits, i,ll fit a new cross tube at a slightly dif angle

shock mounts are all shaped and welded to a new tube, the tube is tacked in place,

the new tube will be braced to the one behind it too.

built back up, takes less space,

TL rad being posted next week, see how close it is to fitting inside the panels

#117 ·

most I,ve managed on this this week, couple of frame plugs

I,m about out of argon and need to get some stuff done on the gsx for my mate... more progress soon I hope

#118 ·

got the first plug in, no gas to weld tho

picked up an ignition barrel with 6 wires , found a drive sprocket for at least set up dooties

standard TL switchgear, plug n play ,

roughly hung, id much rather run without fans... but dunno how that,d go

with the fans the panels will need cut , no room to mount one centrally

this a moulding of the front hugger, the start of a one off split headlight unit

be shaped more like this

away to research no fans and thin fans

#119 ·

another day, another bite of the elephant

re-purposed one of the cut out cross braces to make a mounting bar for the rad

It,ll be welded on here abouts, but think it will wait until the bike is off the bench and I can get about it

looking at the idea of widening the bodywork about an inch per side, let it sit better with rad

pair of mounting bosses for the ignition barrel

once the top tank cover is finalised tube will connect them in a similar manner to the Hyper

got the detail work onto the bottom yoke, Suzuki in a Ducati frame

#121 ·

it fits, thought i,d made a cunt of it,but the forks had sat squinty

headed slightly north from Italy,up to Austria

tail piece will need a bit of fitting n chopping

scuse the mess, bit short on space

#123 ·

that KTM tail piece I wasn't going to touch just yet, I kinda chopped it up

this bit will work

the sides were diff shapes, looked like left hand exhaust, and the hyper subframe is a totally diff shape

i,ll make a thing from the bits, make a mould and new tail piece

need to mould this too so I can make a new one, modify the new one and make another etc

#125 ·

top of risers machined, a barely noticeable radiused profile, but enough to make them look better

phat bars fitted

cross tube for arm popped in and centre line marked , centre of arm is about 17mm off centre to the tube.... if that makes sense

the rear frame tubes were fouling, they.ll be plated up later

#126 ·

took a wee skim off the centre of the tube, gives a little clearance to exhaust, and more importantly, looks a bit more interesting

found a 25mm spindle, either from an SRAD or speed triple , I,ll fuck about with it and it,ll be a front spindle

#128 ·

wheel was out so I swapped discs

pretty sure the spindle is speed triple swingarm pivot spindle ,had the thread extended a smidge, now it fits. Leaves bosses on either end like little bmx spindle pegs, i,ll use them as centres for axle sliders

I think my yoke pitch may be 1 or 2mm narrow, calipers ain,t dead centre on the disc, no rubbing tho, not perfect, but should be fine, if not I will sort

#129 ·

turns out i,m not incapable of measuring yoke pitches, the old discs have a socket machined into them

guess whats happening to the new discs.....

few more bits of the DIY swingarm kit

#133 ·

been able to get fuck all done while trying to finish customer bike

well its leaving on Saturday, then its game on

I was able to draw up a pair of pegs and a friend turned them since I was busy

will I finish in time? i fuckin doubt it, but i will give it a go

#137 ·

Deeks over tonight, got the arm in, shock position won,t work, back in the jig I think, chop off some tubes, if I don,t like I can just weld new ones in

excuse the pics, shed is little

#138 ·

change of arm, back to original plan, skinny ,single spar, I think it suits the supermoto look

chop off shock mount

rotate it

will let shock fit in

need engine back in to check clearance

#139 ·

Deeks had me some stickers printed to put on the front muddie, if all goes to plan it,ll give me an embossed carbon piece

dug out the number board I made my mould from, just to see how it looked. I can mould a glass one, fit lights then copy in carbon

these will be the only non carbon panels

I had a couple of paint idea, but Seb suggested rising sun, 75yrs after the Japanese were at war with anybody it,s now fashionable to be terribly offended by it .... just fuck off......

I contacted an artist friend to see if she could draw me a trash polka style wrap, with green in to represent the Italian flag, and i was to send her a rough template.....

i,m just posting this pic to show the diff between what a useless cunt like me can do compared to the real deal

it'll layout like this

proper looking forwards to see what she comes up wit

#140 ·

lifted the top shock mount 44.8mm , and before the internet has a fit, everything is internally slugged and I will brace the shit out of it

valve clearances will be checked before motor goes in as they can,t be done after

sizes have been taken for bottom mount, it,ll be mocked up then back in the jig

tight as fuck under the tank