Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 260 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2019, 05:56 AM   #2591
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

I'll see if I can catch up with Jeff for a chat at Barber - I'll be over the Pond for a couple of weeks including the Vintage Festival ;-)
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #2592
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:00 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
I'll see if I can catch up with Jeff for a chat at Barber - I'll be over the Pond for a couple of weeks including the Vintage Festival ;-)
Jeff will be racing for the AHRMA championship in his class.

If you show some interest, he's a good talker.

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2019, 12:03 AM   #2593
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Number of cone sections has a direct correlation with the difficulty of fabrication.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #2594
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Well, I asked for curvey, serpentine pipes.

Hard to see how fat the bellies are in the pic, but they're good sized.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2019, 12:49 AM   #2595
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Looks like he's having fun being artsy and showing off what he can do.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #2596
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Looks like he's having fun being artsy and showing off what he can do.
I'm sure he's not having fun.

Jeff gave me a price for custom stainless pipes and another price for titanium pipes. I think he was assuming the pipes would be similar to other pipes he's done.

I come in and say "I don't want my pipes to look like any other pipes." At that point, I needed to tell him exactly what I want. The design of the pipes was all me. Performance issues were on him.

What happened on both sets of pipes is, I see the pics, and the pipes aren't really how I thought they would look. Sort of my design, but surprisingly different. At first, I wasn't really happy, but then I started liking the changes he made. Now, I really appreciate having his design input. The pipes look like a collaboration between Jeff and me. Makes me very proud to work with great fabricators.

Jeff's working very hard to do a great job. He knows the two-stroke community worldwide is watching these pipes being fabricated. I think because it's not his own project, he's a little nervous about the outcome and my satisfaction.

I know he's going to be very happy when the pipes are done!!

I doubt you'll ever see Jeff making pipes like this again. Too much work. I desperately want him to make custom pipes for my 500, but I don't have a swingarm right now.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2019, 11:28 PM   #2597
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Those things are monstrous, in the best way. They couldn't look any better done any other way
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #2598
Smoker
BLACK BELT

I'll do what I have to, but would prefer if the silencer support doesn't block the view of the swingarm or linkage.

Trying to run an adjustable rod to the footpeg bracket. Will have to make custom footpeg brackets. Need the bracket on the silencers to move up/down, so the rod can be parallel with the swingarm. Rod length could be adjusted by using heim joints.

Will most likely make a titanium rod, but you get the idea.

This rod won't support much weight at all. It's only going to work if I can hide a support bracket underneath the frame. Very little room there. Working on it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #2599
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 10 Times in 6 Posts
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 

holly shit , nice work on the pipe

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived fredycruger!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes