The new project - TLS w/SSSA - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:48 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 1 Post
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all
Default The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Having returned the GSXR 600 back to track-only status, I decided to start the project I have wanted to do from the beginning: a TLS platform streetfighter.

I was lucky enough (sort of) to acquire the pre-made basics for what I wanted: TLS motor and frame, Honda NT650 Hawk SSSA, 190 rear tire capability on the Ducati 748 rim. From there I have a truly blank slate...

I am throwing up these pictures so you can see what I have got to start with.

Tail end mockup (I am going to build and install an adjustable trellised subframe in the future):

The following walk around the bike I have the tail in roughly the same angle as the stock subframe:

The next series is with the tail up about 5 degrees. I think the tail is a bit long, but with the sub I can bring it a couple inches closer to the front.

Tank vs. tail from top:

Any feedback on the tail as far as styling/angle of rise?

I would like to use the CBR tail, but I'm not convinced that its angularity matches with the roundness of tank and tubular frame. The GSXR front fender helps balance it a bit, but... dunno.

I have some fabrication to do on the shock mounts, spacers and bracing over the next couple of weeks.

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...
alatus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived alatus!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
1st bel air fighter
CF Pimp
1st bel air fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:48 AM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 73 Times in 23 Posts
1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: The new project - TLS w/SSSA

i agree with ya need something to "flow"better with the tank
1st bel air fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker
Pariah's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Flip Offs: 504
Flipped Off 402 Times in 164 Posts
Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Fuck it, that tail looks killer. Mod the tank, do something to make it angular.

It's not so bad as long as you can keep the fear from your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Looks good, but I would prefer titanium nipples.
Street Triple
Supercharged Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

i think it looks good but the tail is too big in my mind.

do you want a nice green undented tank?

shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
swiest152
GURU
Fighterer
swiest152's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:48 AM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 1 Post
swiest152 is a good noobieswiest152 is a good noobie

OOO nice spoons project bike! With your addition of the CBR tail, nice!
swiest152 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #6
Hybrid1300R
Hooligan Streetfighter

CF Addict
Hybrid1300R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 46 Times in 41 Posts
Hybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to all

I hope you mount that shock different, straight up and down is not going to work. top needs to be pointed forward for it to work correctly on a direct link shock. Correct me if I am wrong. By no means am I a suspension guru, but I can see how it is not going to work.

1978 Triumph Tiger 750 Cafe/Fighter Build

1965 Triumph Bonneville 650 (Stock)

1978 Truimph Tiger 750 (Currently under Construction)

1979 Triumph Bonneville 750 Special "Ole Blue"

Oh, and just to let you know FUCK OFF is in that direction--------->
Hybrid1300R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
byrdmancafe
stuntfighter
Fighter In Training
byrdmancafe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
byrdmancafe is a NOOB
Thumbs up Re: The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
Fuck it, that tail looks killer. Mod the tank, do something to make it angular.

i agree with this guy. mod the tank.

i fly in any wheather

.................--..
.............../??/)
............,/?../
.........../..../
...../??/'...'/???`??
../'/.../..../......./??\
('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')
.\.................'...../
..'\'...\.......... _.??
....\..............(
......\.............\
byrdmancafe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #8
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

i'd say add two scoops (of fun) to the gastank to match the "intakes" on the tail section and you'd be golden.

heh nice exhaust. hows that badboy sounding?! lol.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
Truckinduc
I been fightin' gravity

Truckinduc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 21 Times in 18 Posts
Truckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond repute
Winter Buildoff Winner Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

i like the tail, although like you said, maybe a bit long. Mod the tank like the new ducati monsters with the screens in front and make it more angular. I like it so far.
Truckinduc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
KANE
CF Lover
KANE's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
KANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well liked
Fighter of the Month 

I am digging the tail. I say keep it on there. that swinger is the tits man.

KANE's 1999 GSXR fighter totaled R.I.P. 6/7/09
MY FIGHTER BUILD UP LINK.
My 1980 Jeep CJ5 project
KANE is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes