The new project - TLS w/SSSA - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:16 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 1 Post
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all
Default Re: The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid929RR View Post
I hope you mount that shock different, straight up and down is not going to work. top needs to be pointed forward for it to work correctly on a direct link shock. Correct me if I am wrong. By no means am I a suspension guru, but I can see how it is not going to work.
Well, this is not exactly a direct link shock. Although you are probably correct in your assessment. It compresses from both ends using a tie rod linkage to the shock rocker mount. I am at work so I will have to find other pictures of the setup.

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...
alatus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #12
Truckinduc
I been fightin' gravity

Truckinduc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:16 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 21 Times in 18 Posts
Truckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond reputeTruckinduc has a reputation beyond repute
Winter Buildoff Winner Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

like most ducati setups?
Truckinduc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckinduc View Post
like most ducati setups?
Precisely. In fact the donor shock, the top pivot mount, connector linkage (bar with rose joints) and the rear rim all came off a 748. Unfortunately, the guy who designed this didn't do a clean fab job so I am not sure how sound it is. Once I get some solid alloy spacers and alloy support brackets milled, I will feel much better about its sturdiness. I know it has been used on-road, but I do not know the skill level of the rider who put those miles on the bike, and hence do not know about its performance.

I have to start doing some research about swingarm travel, shock travel, etc. to make sure I am in the ball park. Then make sure an undermount exhaust will fit. It will be a... process... to be sure.

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #14
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:16 AM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

its oddly difficult to find a pic of. but in this pic i found you can see the link

http://motowallpaper.altervista.org/...ion_ohlins.jpg
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #15
swiest152
GURU
Fighterer
swiest152's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:16 AM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 1 Post
swiest152 is a good noobieswiest152 is a good noobie

atalas, quick question. Does it look like he had custom headers made to work with the swingarm or swing arm modified?
swiest152 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #16
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiest152 View Post
atalas, quick question. Does it look like he had custom headers made to work with the swingarm or swing arm modified?
Nope. Any stock TLS/R system would work for this (I have seen pictures of this same bike in the past with dual TLS pipes, single TLS pipe and now with the TLR pipes. No machining of the swinger; as far as I know it was a direct swap.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #17
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

So... here is a picture of the linkage... physically speaking. Yes, this is pretty much how I got it - tho the colored frame has been swapped out and the swinger cleaned up. Now you know why I will be having machined parts made...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #18
swiest152
GURU
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatus View Post
Nope. Any stock TLS/R system would work for this (I have seen pictures of this same bike in the past with dual TLS pipes, single TLS pipe and now with the TLR pipes. No machining of the swinger; as far as I know it was a direct swap.
Thats what I thought it looked like but wasnt sure.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #19
swiest152
GURU
Fighterer

any pics of that from the other side?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #20
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiest152 View Post
Thats what I thought it looked like but wasnt sure.
You should recognize it - its Mak's old bike...

Other side: Yep. Look up a post or so, again.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes