1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart. - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
daxabone
GURU
CF Addict
daxabone's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:29 AM
Flip Offs: 109
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
daxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of lightdaxabone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart.

lookin good man. and i also am glad you changed the headlight setup that was gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailz View Post
"son, do you have an addiction problem?"

"Yes sir. I keep making a motorcycle faster and spending all my money on it. I cant stop and its ruining my life."
R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeata" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009

Dax's Bandit 600SF-Sold
2006 Suzuki DRZ SM
daxabone is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer
Gixooligan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Gixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Gixxer View Post
I kinda cheated tho and just made some brackets to make the cbr sub fit but i loves some hand fabbed parts
Agreed! That tail sharpens the whole bike up a ton. I can't get enough of fabrication!

Glad you guys like the new lamps! It's definitely more complimentary of the bike. The old ones grew a bit on me a bit, but I just couldn't get past the "bug-eyes"

I masked and primed the frame and tank yesterday. Today it'll get the top-coat, and tomorrow the clear coat. I'll be getting some clear vinyl to lay over the pain and provide some additional protection (also, in lieu of a tank pad) for high traffic areas. Anyone have any ideas for good quality clear vinyl? I'm worried about it yellowing with age and heat.
Gixooligan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #13
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

why you running the forks so low in the in the tripples, do you know that the srad had a really tight stearing rake anyhow compared to other gixers, its a tight stearing bike anyhow, you should lift it back to stock.

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #14
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer
Gixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britjoe View Post
why you running the forks so low in the in the tripples, do you know that the srad had a really tight stearing rake anyhow compared to other gixers, its a tight stearing bike anyhow, you should lift it back to stock.
Beat you to the punch! I lowered the front end (and not the rear >D) shortly after I got it (for looks, gah; I know! Lesson learned :P ). I rode the shit out of it this summer. The damn thing gyrated terribly in turns, so I lifted the forks back up after I tore it down. If you look in the latest pics I brought it back to almost flush with the triples. It's an absolutely HUGE improvement.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
Mr. Cuntz
German Blacksmith
Fighter
Mr. Cuntz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:29 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mr. Cuntz is making some friendsMr. Cuntz is making some friendsMr. Cuntz is making some friends

rip those f**** clamps of...a get a street bar or something like that !
Mr. Cuntz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #16
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I drilled my clamps and used Yamaha VIrago 1100 risers

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #17
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker
Pariah's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:29 AM
Flip Offs: 504
Flipped Off 402 Times in 164 Posts
Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Holy shit, Viragos have a use after all...

It's not so bad as long as you can keep the fear from your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Looks good, but I would prefer titanium nipples.
Street Triple
Supercharged Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #18
KANE
CF Lover
KANE's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
KANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well liked
Fighter of the Month 

Nice work on the build. I am glad to see more SRAD owners building their bikes into fighters. I saw in your comment that you think the bike is heavy. My SRAD weighs in at 406 pounds with a 3/4 tank of gas so the fighter conversion will lighten it up significantly.

KANE's 1999 GSXR fighter totaled R.I.P. 6/7/09
MY FIGHTER BUILD UP LINK.
My 1980 Jeep CJ5 project
KANE is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #19
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britjoe View Post
I drilled my clamps and used Yamaha VIrago 1100 risers
I'm looking at slapping on a set of touring or drag bars (when I get the funds). I think I'll be milling up the risers myself. I still have to finish painting the frame today. I'm about half way through painting it flat black so far; don't know if I like it with the clear coat on top of it yet. I'll head out there for a wetsanding shortly.

KANE, actually your bike was the first SRAD streetfighter that I ever saw; one of the inspirations behind this project.

Thanks for the input folks! I really appreciate it! Hope to have some updates for you all tonight!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
KANE
CF Lover
KANE's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
KANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well liked
Fighter of the Month 

They are few and far between. The Europeans don't think they make good platforms but that is what drew me to using one. Plus they are so damn reliable and handle excellent.

KANE's 1999 GSXR fighter totaled R.I.P. 6/7/09
MY FIGHTER BUILD UP LINK.
My 1980 Jeep CJ5 project
KANE is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes