CF Folding@Home Team - Use your computer or PS3 to cure diseases!!! - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF [email protected] Team - Use your computer or PS3 to cure diseases!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #31
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:17 AM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: CF [email protected] Team - Use your computer or PS3 to cure diseases!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergildo View Post
Ab I trust your word man, but theres so much bogus shit going round the interenet its like going to a swingers club in africa.

Im tempted but I just dunno man. does it work on a mac anyway?
It's 100% legit... think about it... Sony worked with them to make a special client that will run on the PS3 and pre-loaded it on every PS3 they sell. They wouldn't do that for a botnet.

And yes, they do have a Mac client as well as a Linux one:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

Look at all the research papers they've published as a result of this:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Papers

All that info isn't coming from nowhere...
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #32
Stick
is lurking in the shadows
CF Pimp
Stick's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Flipped Off 83 Times in 29 Posts
Stick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud of
Default Re: CF [email protected] Team - Use your computer or PS3 to cure diseases!!!

Stick is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #33
ab420
Abministrator
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick1300 View Post
Thank you sir! I just repped ya and gave ya $100,000,000 CF Cash

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #34
ab420
Abministrator

...and an update... the CF Team (these stats only include me so far) is up to:
23,637 out of 162,308 teams
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #35
punkvernie
Customfighters UK

CF Pimp
punkvernie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Flip Offs: 93
Flipped Off 101 Times in 36 Posts
punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!punkvernie is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

i dont get it can some 1 break this down for me??

CLICK HERE UK MEMBERS!!
[10:24 AM] robsroadeater: Tha Cumbrian clobberer !

R.I.P-GREENCHEEZEETA NEVER FORGOTEN
REST IN PEACE-LITTLE REMI CLEMENTS
R.I.P-MADMADAME CF'S DELICATE FUCKING FLOWER
punkvernie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #36
TommyRocker
Senior Fighterer
TommyRocker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:17 AM
Flip Offs: 60
Flipped Off 9 Times in 8 Posts
TommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to all

Joined. But DAMN my computer is loud since it started running...! I can hear the CPU fan spinning way up constantly.... Haven't noticed and difference in performance though, which is saying something because my computer is weak.
TommyRocker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #37
ab420
Abministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyRocker View Post
Joined. But DAMN my computer is loud since it started running...! I can hear the CPU fan spinning way up constantly.... Haven't noticed and difference in performance though, which is saying something because my computer is weak.
Yea, since your CPU is being used more your comp may crank up the fans to keep it all cool Someone actually tested how much extra electricity [email protected] could make you use. First off, his system was a quad-core processor with SLi, so he uses a LOT of juice! He ran his comp as usual for a month with no folding, then ran it for month while folding, all hooked up to a killawatt meter. In the end: the [email protected] cost $1.53 for the month...

So yea, it costs a TINY bit extra, but it's helping people try to cure cancer, and thats huge.

Also, did you (stick as well) put in the CF team number? You guys still aren't showing on the stats page...

The CF Folding Team Number is: 168379

For the record, we're up to: 23,122 of 162,324 teams now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkvernie View Post
i dont get it can some 1 break this down for me??
Basically: Standford is trying to cure a lot of diseases, such as cancer, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Crohns, and many more.

Proteins regularly "fold" or assemble themselves, and when they "fold" incorrectly, that's where all these diseases come from.

So, they are learning how proteins fold, and how they get messed up, in order to learn how to prevent them from folding incorrectly or to be able to repair damage that has been done.

This could eventually turn into the largest medical breakthrough EVER.

The program accepts "jobs" from Standford, which are complex calculations they need done. When your computer isn't busy, it works on them, and sends back the results.

Check this guy out:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...m_with_51_gpus

He built a [email protected] Farm that uses 51 GPUs!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #38
ab420
Abministrator

Quote:
Also, if you right-click on the icon in your system tray, and go to "Configure" then click on the "Advanced" tab. You will see a "CPU Usage Percent" sliding bar. You can use this to adjust how much power it uses. To the right is all the way up, when I drop mine to around 65%, the heat goes down and so do the fans...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2009, 03:47 AM   #39
TommyRocker
Senior Fighterer
TommyRocker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:17 AM
Flip Offs: 60
Flipped Off 9 Times in 8 Posts
TommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to all

Yeah, I put Cf team number in. When I right click, status, team statistics, it shows the CF team page, and our work so far, but it only shows you as a member. It says it was last updated today, but still only showing you. oh well, give it some time. I'm building a new computer in the next month, I will probably set this up on that one as well if no problems present themselves. That one will be a 3.0 ghz quad-core(no OC for me) so I will be able to turn the [email protected] up a bit higher.
TommyRocker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #40
ab420
Abministrator

Quote:
Yeah, I put Cf team number in. When I right click, status, team statistics, it shows the CF team page, and our work so far, but it only shows you as a member. It says it was last updated today, but still only showing you. oh well, give it some time. I'm building a new computer in the next month, I will probably set this up on that one as well if no problems present themselves. That one will be a 3.0 ghz quad-core(no OC for me) so I will be able to turn the [email protected] up a bit higher.
Thanks for joining! Repped! Sometimes the jobs take a while. If you hold your mouse over the icon it should show you the status of your current job.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters